Can you only use the product code once?

• Thread starter Thread starter Frimpong
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 22K

Frimpong

Reaction score
Thats my question also im new to the site so Hello! Thank you guys help would be greatly appreciated

Yes. Once you use the code it is forever tied to that steam account. So if you want FM on another machine, you just have to logging to your steam account. You can use the backup feature to transfer the files.

So the code can be used on two laptops/computers but on only one account?

Once you use the code - it's used, so no you cannot use the code on more than 1 computer - but you can use the game on any number of computers as long as you log into the steam account to which the code is attached.

tl;dr - 1 code, download and play game wherever you want as long as you can log into steam account to download the game.

So if I enter the code in on the family computer I will still be able to play it on my personal computer as long as I log into my steam account even though its on the same disk?

So if I enter the code in on the family computer I will still be able to play it on my personal computer as long as I log into my steam account even though its on the same disk?
What do you mean same disk? In any case, yes.

That's how Steam works, when you buy a game the games are attached to your Steam account, so you could play games on any computer in any part of the world as long as you can log into your Steam account - though only 1 instance of that Steam account must be running (you cannot have 2 computers running with you logged into your steam account on both, Steam won't let you do that).

Last edited:
By same disk I mean the same product the same game disk (what you buy) and thanks for your help :)

forgot my steam account

hi i hope someone can help i forgot my password for steam i go in to get it back it send me a code i type the code in then ask me for new password i put in then come up wrong active code but i copy and paste it so right do to me all the time any help would be good.

So does this save memory on the computer that doesen't have FM12 installed?

your product key will be locked to the steam account you use it on forever. You can install it on as many PCs as you want, but only with that steam account

Back