• Thread starter Thread starter covcityfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

covcityfan

Reaction score
Hi there, I been searching for the problem im having on the forums and cannot find anything.

Im playing as Coventry City and was looking for players such as Verratti, Lukaku etc. But they don't show up at all. I have large database (approx. 58,000 players loaded) with most European leagues (Italian, Spanish, German, Russian etc etc). I have tried searching through FM genie scout and those players do show, but in game, even with filter out unrealistic players unticked they do not show up. I am into the second season and wondering how come these players do not show up. Same settings and choosing a big club, Verratti at least does show up. Do i need better scouts or something? Is playing as a lower reputation team not show these players up?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

just put there name into the search bar and press enter - presto.

If your searching through the player search, go on the filter and deselect 'filter unrealistic targets' or whatever it says.

Yes ive tried all those suggestions but still none of the players appear. As stated with a big team one or more of the wonderkids will appear, but with Cov none appear. Also with lower teams theres a tendency that a lot of players' abilities are masked, which you don't really get as a big club. So I'm thinking that its to do with club standings.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Hmm ok i tried the same search again now on 25th September 2010 in my season campaign and now Lukaku appears, though others do not. Perhaps in the near future others will start showing up. I wonder what you have to do as lower teams to get these players to appear. oO)

Lukaku plays in Belgium, Sanogo plays in France etc etc and altering the custom database doesn't have much effect because they play in 19's or reserve teams and have low reputation. You have to load a) more players or b) particular countries/leagues to get the players you want.

Lukaku plays in Belgium, Sanogo plays in France etc etc and altering the custom database doesn't have much effect because they play in 19's or reserve teams and have low reputation. You have to load a) more players or b) particular countries/leagues to get the players you want.

Yes as I said above I have done all that.

Interestingly enough Lukaku appeared only after i got my scout to check out Belgium more thoroughly. It appears as a lower club you have to scout specific nations to build up knowledge there and only then the wonderkids etc shows up. I'm gonna try this theory out with other countries.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Ok i found out that its to do with the 'unmasking attribute' option given at the start of a new game. As a big club even with this turned on, you will most likely be able to see most players. With lower rep clubs even if you search for specifics, eg. names, nationality etc it won't show up.

Another good way to find these players if they're not showing up in the player search is to use the simple search to look for their original club (at start of game) -- even if they've been transferred, you should still be able to find them through the clubs transfer history records.

download the shortlists from around the forum, European one, all of mine, put it in your shortlist folder in mydocs and import them into the game, edit search Lukaku etc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back