Cannot install the game even the it is a OFFICIAL HARD COPY

• Thread starter Thread starter sheaks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

sheaks

Reaction score
[h=6]Hi people, I have a big problem while installing the game. So my friend helped me to purchase an OFFICIAL HARD COPY of FM 2012 in Hong Kong, he mailed it to Canada to me few weeks ago and I grabbed it this morning. However, when I typed in my Stream code, it said:

'Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled.'

I typed in a few times and even asked my roommates to do so, but still doesn't work. I wonder what problem it is. My copy is an OFFICIAL HARD COPY, not those download crack ones. Anybody had similar problems before?[/h]

An Official Hard Copy from Hong Kong ? I think you've been had mate.

You mean?
mate, you just got pwned. XD.

since ur living in Canada, and fm12 ain't popular in stores around, it wouldn't hurt just to go buy fm12 via steam :)

Last edited:
Thats why steam sells it on the store...?

If you paid 10 CND$ to have it shipped to you...it's a bootlegged copy, just like those movies you buy with the photocopied covers...

It is not a pirate copy. Because I get the FM 2009, 2010 and 2011 at the same store, and my friend had the box. He did not mail the box cuz I dun want to be charged more just cuz of the box. I know Canada does not sell it but I thought you can get the game in another country and still able to install it. I collect the past few FMs as well, so that's why I did not download from steam.

It can still be a pirate copy. FM 09, 10 and 11 didn't have to be registered via Steam, so pirating was easy. This time you have to, which makes piracy nearly impossible.

Like above. Many sellers in Hong Kong sell pirated copies as "original". Trust me, I learned it the hard way.

It can still be a pirate copy. FM 09, 10 and 11 didn't have to be registered via Steam, so pirating was easy. This time you have to, which makes piracy nearly impossible.

Like above. Many sellers in Hong Kong sell pirated copies as "original". Trust me, I learned it the hard way.

your close. i have tested the pirated version on another pc just for the sake of being, and it worked normally. the only issue is that u get some random instances of crash dumps. ;), like if ur try to sign a staff member and click on their attributes tab, booom, the game crashes XD

but what i hold is the original copy of fm12, but the disk version, so i only have steam to update/ activate the game.

Back