Cant Beat Big Teams

• Thread starter Thread starter bananaskin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

bananaskin

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to this site so this is my first question so apologies if i give to much info!
Im currently playing as Arsenal in my second season and just having a lot of trouble beating the big teams.
My Team is:
GK- Ter Stegen
RB-Martin Montoya
CB-Jan Vertonghen
CB-Thomas Vermaelen
LB-Fabio
CM-Jack Wilshire
CM-Christian Erikkson
RW-Theo Walcott
LW-Eden Hazard
ST-Vaclav Kadlec
ST-Van Persie
I usually use a 424 formation with a fluid philosophy and controlled strategy! I always finish high in the league and i won the champs league although i have no idea how because i really struggle to have any possesion or score against the big teams!

any help would be great as its started to get on my nerves:D

i always play control vs " big teams " especially away from home. seems to me that you lack an anchor man/ball winning midfielder ? I would't describe wilshere or erikkson as either of these :)

Well ive just played UTD again this time used a 4231 formation using control again!
team:
GK- Ter Stegen
RB-Martin Montoya
CB-Jan Vertonghen
CB-Thomas Vermaelen
LB-Fabio
DM-Alex Song
DM-Coquelin
RW-Theo Walcott
AM-Jack Wilshire
LW-Eden Hazard
ST-Van Persie
Still lost, i dont get it, i just never get possesion, cant score even though the 3 strikers i do have all score 20+ last season and concede to much but only against big teams last season i conceded like 23 goals all season pretty much all of them were vs big teams

Honestly you need a better winger than Walcott, I would go for a Jeffran or Cavani. You need winger that can provide that flair and creativity but as well finish when he has the chance. You have the flair with Hazard. But he isn't the best finisher. Next you need an Advance Playmaker at midfield as well as a a Box to Box with Support. For the Playmaker you should go for some who can come up and provide a 'Gerrard' esque run forward towards goal. Im personally a fan of Zakaria Labyad. He is a wonderkid who with the proper grooming can become World Player status.

Pull back your midfield into a three man (DM,DM,CM or (DM, CM, CM) with none attack, and preferably one on defend) formation. Use your fullbacks on support, and use a control strategy. This will give you a 5 man midfield during all phases of play, as the fullbacks will replace the wingers when you attack. Should allow you to hold possession a little better.

Honestly you need a better winger than Walcott, I would go for a Jeffran or Cavani. You need winger that can provide that flair and creativity but as well finish when he has the chance. You have the flair with Hazard. But he isn't the best finisher. Next you need an Advance Playmaker at midfield as well as a a Box to Box with Support. For the Playmaker you should go for some who can come up and provide a 'Gerrard' esque run forward towards goal. Im personally a fan of Zakaria Labyad. He is a wonderkid who with the proper grooming can become World Player status.

When you say Gerrard esque runs forward, I think you mean LAMPARD! ESQUE RUNS FORWARD, he's better!

There is no way. Gerrard may be the best English Midfielder of all time.

Okay Gerrard is one of the best, but Lampard IS THE BEST! He gets 20 plus goals every seson while being one of the leaders of the team, while Gerrards an injury prone fail for Liverpool

an injury prone fail for liverpool? im not sure which Gerrard you have been watching, even a non liverpool fan would admit that.

gerrard is better than lampard , i would take gerrard before lampard in my midfield

Back