Lupsonic

Reaction score
Hi!

First, sorry for my english.
Now to the point: i literally can't buy any top player (like Dybala, Griezman, Alli etc.).
I'm playing as Liverpool, i won everything in the 1st season. I have 120m euro to spend, but AI refuse all my offers. Meanwhile, Eden Hazard joined Real Madrid for 85m, Marco Verratti in City for 75m and Carvajal in Bayern for 52m. I'm making offers like 100m in cash and 100m for the next 48 months, and they still refuse.

Is there any legit way to make those transfers, or the AI is just forcing me to build my team on young talents?

Ps. I tried to buy Lemar (current value 25m), but they refuse my 120m offer...

You don't have the reputation yet to attract those players. its as simple as that. consider this - after winning the title last year, did Leicester's reputation go up enough to attract the same players as Bayern, Man United, and Juventus? No, of course not. Despite its long history, Liverpool is a full step below those very top clubs and a very successful season won't overturn that entirely. A couple years of high level success will change it.

i dont think his problem is the players being attracted i think its the fact he is trying to buy players the ai doesnt want to sell and doing monthly installments dont attract them bid straight cash + add in some bonuses like after 50 apps & 50 goals and internationall apps payments and if your bidding extremely high they aint budging change ur target have always 5 who play the position you wanna target and order them in quality so if you aint got 1 you get the other even if it means extensive scouting and if you have a long term target wait till report shows he is interested in you and make him ur major target push him into making a decision to revolt lol

Reputation isn't problem here. Dele Alli was even mad at Pochetino, when he refused my offer. Both Dybala and Griezman are willing to join me, at least my scouts told me that :)
I went back to a save just after my last match (Cup final vs Tottenham, ofc i won) and i make offer for Griezman. They agree for 90m in cash and 8m after 50 games, but at this moment i didnt have that amount of money. When i got my tranfer budget i remade the offer, but they refused, because Griezman value went from 50m to 65...

Your scouts will also tell you IF a player is available and for how much.

I know that. So tell me please, how people on this forum buy players like Dybala after 1st season for 60-80m, when i cant do it for 200m? I know im doing something wrong, i just dont know what it is.

Ps. Also, my scout told me that Lemar will cost me 50-80m. Monaco refused 120m offer...

Two different issues with the factors that I can tell
1 is a clubs willingness to sell to you
- How important the player is to the club
- How highly the AI rates the player, combination of ability AND reputation
- Their financial strength (so Monaco do not need the money)
- Relationship with the coach (I think this is of low importance)

2. Players willingness to join
- Reputation of club and manager both big factors - despite winning many trophies you are still not very appealing, sorry :)
- Relationships at the club
- Preset preferences, some players are coded to like/dislike certain clubs or countries
- Money, money, money

I also found it impossible to sign Dybala, as Man Utd after winning everything in season 1, offering 100m+ in cash even. On a number of different saves.

I think there is an element of luck.

Regarding Lemar: he is one of a number of young players with variable PA - might mean in your save his PA is 170+ so the AI consider him to have the potential to be among the best players in the game. So no reason to sell him for any price.

Scouts are sometimes accurate but often not - I think player willingness to join scouting depends on the scouts knowledge of the country/region (as opposed to judging ability and potential stats).

Ps. Also, my scout told me that Lemar will cost me 50-80m. Monaco refused 120m offer...
Did you offer cash up front? Was it a recent scout report?

Yes it was recent, 2 days before making an offer. 120m in cash.

I will try different approach next time. I will spoke to the media about the player, the importance of this sign etc. Maybe this will help.

Strange. I've always been able to buy for within the estimated amount. Unless there was a change of course... such as the player signing a new contract or the transfer window closed etc.

I will try different approach next time. I will spoke to the media about the player, the importance of this sign etc. Maybe this will help.

Do Monaco have any replacement for Lemar in their current squad?

Maybe they rejected the bid because they do not have any immediate replacement in the squad and are not in need of money.

Or maybe the player is simply indispensible to them. ( eg if you want to sign messi, Barca will not be likely to accept even 200M for him, so it may be the same case here)

In any case, 120M for Lemar is too much in my opinion.

Do Monaco have any replacement for Lemar in their current squad?

Maybe they rejected the bid because they do not have any immediate replacement in the squad and are not in need of money.

Or maybe the player is simply indispensible to them. ( eg if you want to sign messi, Barca will not be likely to accept even 200M for him, so it may be the same case here)

In any case, 120M for Lemar is too much in my opinion.

to be honest that is too true as at start of season i lost martial for 8-10 months so i went for greizmann athletico rejected upto 80m and i went for neymar for 120m i settled with brining in felipe anderson for 38.5m