Can't Get A Job?!?!

• Thread starter Thread starter NickPither
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10K

NickPither

Reaction score
I got sacked in my second season with Wigan. I have applied for every manager role possible, and declared interest in every insecure job, but the only offer is Georgia U19's. Am i doing something wrong, or am i hated?!

Well I'm guessing you got sacked from Wigan for not getting the right results which means you haven't proved yourself as a manger.. Your still unknown. Any job offer that comes in, I would accept it and try get a good name for yourself..

I'm having a bit of trouble with this as well. I don't think your reputation grows in the game as quick as it maybe should do. For example, I started off managing Denizli Bld. in the Turkish second divison and won the league first year. Went up in the playoffs in the second year to the Turkcell superliga - then Swansea offered me a job. Naturally jumped at the chance. This was quite a leap in reputation - but Swansea had by this time been relegated twice and were languishing near the bottom of League 1.

Anyway - long story short, went up two years in a row and then kept them in the Prem in their first season back despite being favourites to finish dead last. I was quite pleased with these achievments (as you might have been able to guess with me telling you about them) and so got a bit big for my boots by applying to Brescia in Serie B in Italy for a change of scenery - I was offered an ultimatum by the board and resigned and I now can't get a job anywhere! Maybe its a perceived lack of loyalty...my reputation is "national" - about 3 quarters full on the yellow bar.

I'm a noob so I started unemployed on international footballer past experience. I got offered Newcastle in November as they were bottom of the prem, I got them up to 12th and then Wenger got sacked at the end of the first season for not getting in to the champions league. I was linked with the job(probably form past exp) declared interest and got offered it. I'm now at Arsenal getting £95k a week when my only managerial experience is 6 months at Newcastle lol. Admittedly it was a good choice as I have won League cup and will most likely be in champions league next season, I will probably win FA cup and have a pretty easy route to the Europa league final.;)

Just to add to the posts, I am currently manager of Weston super mare. I have managed to get them to league two from BSS, in three seasons and currenly sit in playoffs. My rep is now national, but during my three and a ghalf seasons I have not been offered one single job!!!!!
The only jobs I have stated interest in was chelsea and liverpool, but obviously was told to go away.

I would have thought that league 1 & 2 teams would be going all out for my services. I know in the 2011 version you did well you got offered many jobs.

I'm a noob so I started unemployed on international footballer past experience. I got offered Newcastle in November as they were bottom of the prem, I got them up to 12th and then Wenger got sacked at the end of the first season for not getting in to the champions league. I was linked with the job(probably form past exp) declared interest and got offered it. I'm now at Arsenal getting £95k a week when my only managerial experience is 6 months at Newcastle lol. Admittedly it was a good choice as I have won League cup and will most likely be in champions league next season, I will probably win FA cup and have a pretty easy route to the Europa league final.;)

6 and 12... nice numbers. Carrol had the same... 6 months, 12 goals, and look where he's now :) YNWA but man ain't he a ******* waste of money!

I won the double with bayern munich two years on the trot, CL semis twice in a row, reputation: world class, fergie retires at united, I apply and no matter how many times I load it up again, they hire someone else! I wanna manage united!!

Back