• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

LufcAnt

Reaction score
ive tried tons of saves i cant get into any,
what saves you guys doing atm and why did you choose them
thinking liga bbva

I started without a job. Came to Brechin who I, through 5 seasons, took from the Scottish 2. division to premier league, while suffering under administration at one point. Moved to Volyn in Ukraine and managed a 4th place, then halfway through my second season I moved to Fiorentina who where in relegation zone. Saved them, and now, in my fifth season with them, we are the defending Serie A champions.

I always enjoy starting without a job, and with as big a database as possible. Feel that, that is the way to play this game in order to truly experience the realism, and live through the up's and down's.

I think it depends on what you want out of your save I guess, are you looking for instant success with the big teams or are you looking for a real challenge with a small team or trying to rebuild a fallen giant .. I personally have a couple of saves going I have my long term save and then I run a game of two with a few teams that are a challenge so always something different going on

My current (and so far, only) save of FM13 is with Pescara. I was looking for a mid-table team which I could build and develop over time... to be honest they're probably worse than mid-table since their media prediction was 19th, but I was looking for a Serie A side and their main selling point was that they didn't have a lot of debt compared to most Italian teams so I wouldn't have to worry about paying back debts, at least in the beginning (my other option was Torino, I tried them but they weren't for me). They have a very tight wage budget and no transfer budget, but it's not all bad news because they have a fairly decent squad and I managed to bag myself a 10th place finish in my first season with a healthy 51 points. Key players in your first season include: Weiss, Jonathas, Vukusic, Cascione, Capuano... additional players to look out for are Luca Savelloni and Gianluca Caprari, the latter turns out to be world class, but didn't produce for me until at least three seasons in. Savelloni can probably turn out to be a fantastic home-grown goalkeeper if you nurture him correctly. I didn't, but he's still a more than capable backup. In my first season, I played a counter attacking 4-4-2 to begin with, utilising Jonathas' abilities as a target man and Vukusic as a poacher. For away games and difficult fixtures, I deployed a defensive 4-5-1/4-3-3. Your main concern in the first season is to renew the contract of Vladimir Weiss who was more than happy to extend his contract with me, though I had to stretch my wage budget to the very limit. I'm currently in the 2019/20 season, boasting two Italian cup victories, three successive Serie A titlle and a brand new 36500 seater stadium! I also still have Vukusic (who has reached 'Legend' status at the club), Caprari, Savelloni and Capuano on the books, which goes to show how much potential these guys have. I'm yet to conquer europe with this side but surely that's only a matter of time? I know it's not Liga BBVA as you wanted but I urge you to at least have a look at Pescara. :)

I take it by your name LUFC that your a leeds fan? Have you had a save with them trying to get them back into PL? It all depends really on how you like to play... do you want masses of money, quality players and instant success? or do you want to overhaul a club and work your way up leagues? What I do is I have a save with my team Chelsea, then i'll have another save with a smaller team. It really all depends on you :)

I think it depends on what you want out of your save I guess, are you looking for instant success with the big teams or are you looking for a real challenge with a small team or trying to rebuild a fallen giant .. I personally have a couple of saves going I have my long term save and then I run a game of two with a few teams that are a challenge so always something different going on

i just want an enjoyable save mid table team to build upon to create a young squad in few years time

I take it by your name LUFC that your a leeds fan? Have you had a save with them trying to get them back into PL? It all depends really on how you like to play... do you want masses of money, quality players and instant success? or do you want to overhaul a club and work your way up leagues? What I do is I have a save with my team Chelsea, then i'll have another save with a smaller team. It really all depends on you :)

yeah i got into the 2nd season with them but just wasn't enjoying it afterwardas that what im finding 1st season is okay then 2nd season i lose interest just wondering if Liga BBVA any good with mid table team

I started without a job. Came to Brechin who I, through 5 seasons, took from the Scottish 2. division to premier league, while suffering under administration at one point. Moved to Volyn in Ukraine and managed a 4th place, then halfway through my second season I moved to Fiorentina who where in relegation zone. Saved them, and now, in my fifth season with them, we are the defending Serie A champions.

I always enjoy starting without a job, and with as big a database as possible. Feel that, that is the way to play this game in order to truly experience the realism, and live through the up's and down's.

that is a good idea, but i kinda prefer sticking to one team and changing the entire squad over years and building a young team

ive tried tons of saves i cant get into any,
what saves you guys doing atm and why did you choose them
thinking liga bbva

I have had the exact same problem, but mine was also because i had problems choosing a tactic that one tactic that for one worked for me and two i liked the shape of.

what i have done is set up another challenge for me (one more long term than just wining as many games as possible in one season) and that is to take a team that have never won a domestic league cup and try to win it with them, then try to get a job in a different country and try the same.. basically trying to achieve what Mourinho did so far BUT with much smaller teams. My first stop is Palermo in Italy. i have loaded English. Italian, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian, and Argentinian.

I also recommend playing it on the network with friends, i used to play this with a good friend of mine, however he has gone off this game at the moment sadly :-(, which is also why i found it difficult to stick to one save. playing with a friend can make it more competitive, enjoyable and more addictive. we used to use skype to communicate while playing and we had many many bust ups, but luckily still remained good friends :-)

The key is basically to set a more long term goal for you.. (i.e manage and win trophies in all different leagues, try to become an international coach, try to over take Fergie's achievement by winning more trophies in one club, try to go a season unbeaten like Arsenal did , or try to unlock all the trophies on steam......etc)

hope this helps :-)

Back