Sleety

Reaction score
I just cant seem to get into this years game at all.

I keep trying but nothing seems to work, might be the fact i'm managing Blackpool using Pro's transfer update so we (Blackpool) are in League 2.

No tactic i seem to try seem to work, and i never seem to have more shots than the opposition, always seem to be losing, its just stressing me out haha.

I just cant seem to get into this years game at all.

I keep trying but nothing seems to work, might be the fact i'm managing Blackpool using Pro's transfer update so we (Blackpool) are in League 2.

No tactic i seem to try seem to work, and i never seem to have more shots than the opposition, always seem to be losing, its just stressing me out haha.

Not sure if you're problem is that "you can't get into it" or "you can't win games". If you're tactically struggling with the game, nothing we can offer will really be of any good to you since struggling is a huge part of what makes FM so addictive and compelling. If you don't have that compulsion to better your fortunes, I think you'll loose interest no matter what we suggest.

Bit of both really, every other year of FM's I had no problem at all getting into and enjoying, this one I just can seem to at all.

play defensively, way easier to score on counter attacks than breaking down defences.
This works especially well if your team is not expected to do well, once you start winning and becoming a force the opposition will fancy a draw against you.

show what tactic you use, there might be some issue in it

the first tactic builds up very slow, you play out from the back and work ball into box. You'll need to have a really good technical and creative attack since the opposition always will have men behind the ball.

the 2nd tactic is wait for overlap, yet you use a counter attacking mentality and full backs on auto. who are coming on these overlaps? try and change full backs to wing backs at least.

the first tactic builds up very slow, you play out from the back and work ball into box. You'll need to have a really good technical and creative attack since the opposition always will have men behind the ball.

the 2nd tactic is wait for overlap, yet you use a counter attacking mentality and full backs on auto. who are coming on these overlaps? try and change full backs to wing backs at least.

So regarding the first tactic how would you go about it? Direct control play or??

And ill change the fullbacks to wingbacks on the second tactic see if that works out.

depends if you got good enough players to play directly.. Barcelona could outplay any team with your 1st tactic but I'm not sure Blackpool could.. Brendan R got it working for Swansea so you could too, but you need the right players for it.

Regarding that 2nd tactic I would just remove look for overlap. Unless you got Fellaini and Lukaku up top, they would love some crosses.

depends if you got good enough players to play directly.. Barcelona could outplay any team with your 1st tactic but I'm not sure Blackpool could.. Brendan R got it working for Swansea so you could too, but you need the right players for it.

Regarding that 2nd tactic I would just remove look for overlap. Unless you got Fellaini and Lukaku up top, they would love some crosses.

So regarding the first one, what would you do to make it suit Blackpool as you know they wont technically have the players gifted enough to play that way?

Had the same issue with lack of interest until this most recent save. Started with Basel first season before moving on to Inter in the second season. I periodically split save to apply for different jobs like in one instance I joined arsenal instead of inter but didnt enjoy it. Another I was going to join united in the 3rd season instead of staying with Inter but wasnt enjoying that either so Ive gone back to my Inter save in the middle of the 3rd season now and the rebuilding process of this Inter side is a lot of fun. Tactics wise I just use the one and its effective but tactics arent really my thing. Im more interested in the buying/selling side and building a team. I let my assistant deal with the managerial side.

Pal, check the Tactics Sharing section, there are a lot of good tactics there