idel

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been playing a game with malaga and I just can't seem to get van nistelrooy to preform.
I do fine when he's a sub, but I really don't want to waste a player which seems so good (especially when he's one of my favorite players in real life).

I've tried setting him as DLP - attack which seems to suit him, best, but regardless of wether he's alone, or with a TM or a trequartarist he just wont ever get the ball, and when he does he either loses it while trying to dribble (run with ball is set to rarely) or shoot it to high heavens. Tried to use him as a TM - attack or AF to the same results.
His moral is usually high as well.
Tried with a player behind him and without, and simply nothing.

Any idea what else I can try to get something out of him?

He's too old, too slow. Get some new striking blood in your team.

Hello,
I've been playing a game with malaga and I just can't seem to get van nistelrooy to preform.
I do fine when he's a sub, but I really don't want to waste a player which seems so good (especially when he's one of my favorite players in real life).

I've tried setting him as DLP - attack which seems to suit him, best, but regardless of wether he's alone, or with a TM or a trequartarist he just wont ever get the ball, and when he does he either loses it while trying to dribble (run with ball is set to rarely) or shoot it to high heavens. Tried to use him as a TM - attack or AF to the same results.
His moral is usually high as well.
Tried with a player behind him and without, and simply nothing.

Any idea what else I can try to get something out of him?

Try him as a poacher but give him creative freedom just above little. I'd suggest run from deep often, run with ball rarely and through balls often.

yeah i agree put him as a poacher and play with a slower tempo and drill your crosses. he is slow now so has to rely on experience. it might be worth bringing in a younger striker for him to tutor and use him sparingly like united do with Ryan giggs to get the best out of him