Can't give player a squad number

• Thread starter Thread starter peash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 14K

peash

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought Phil Jones from Man Utd in the mid season transfer market when i go to play him it says i need to give him a number and i cant

When i go to give him a number all the numbers in the drop down list are ghosted , I know the squad numbers are between 1 and 25 and i have number 13 free so i should be able to give it to him ,even if i remove numbers from other players i cant give him one , i don't know what to do and i want him in the team , i have done the clear and auto numbers hoping it would work but no luck, he is definitely registered
Its happen before and i just have to leave the player out of the team until the new season rolls around and i can then give him a number

i had a look through the forum to see if other people have the same problem they do, but they say to go on holiday because most of them are stuck ... im not stuck

Any help would be great
Thanks
Joe

Who are you managing? Some leagues like Spain 13 is reserved for keepers

Only thing I can think of is your managing a Spanish Club, in which case you need to register an Over 19 player before you can assign them a Squad Number, and even then, 1 13 and 25 are reserved for Keepers. U19's get numbers 26 and up. If you have nothing but 13 open, then you have too many registered Outfield players and will have to un-register one to register Jones, and then give him a Number (but it shouldn't have let you select him if he wasn't registered.

Course, if its your 1st season, then Jones is 19 and still qualifies for U-19, in which case, you have to give him something above 26 if he's not registered.

Back