golson567

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been playing for over a season, but I believe my game is corrupt. When I select my team and do my Team talk and all of the pre-match stuff it's all fine, when I click continue to play the match it freezes on "Setting up match. Please wait..." and the following message comes up:
Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating away ratings state changed. xml.

What does this mean?
I tried uninstalling FM and reinstalling it, deleting all my saved games (with a heavy heart) and restarting, but as I tried to play my first friendly match it did this again. What can I do!?

Thanks.

you tried defraging your harddrive? had a check and seems to be one soloution to your problem but not sure of any others

I spent all of last night defragging my hard-drive, went to play it today and the problem still persists :(

if u installed through steam then u can go into properties and click verify integrity of game cache and tht may fix it otherwise not sure oO)

I fixed it! Eventually. I deleted my Football Manager 11 Settings folder (after unhiding the folder) and just reinstalled the game. It works now. Happiness = restored.

Hi there,

How can I access the settings folder???

I go to programme files and look for Sports Interactive but once i open that all I get are uninstall folders.

I am having the same problem as you described Golson567.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi,
I am having a similar problem. Once I set my lineup for a game, I click on the 'Team Talk' button, a small window pops up saying 'Not well formed on line 1 - ssd...' and the game freezes so i have to close it. The only way I can progress is by going on holiday for each game, which ruins the game, so...
Any help?
Thanks
P.S. I installed the game with Steam.

I have this exact problem! How do I fic it without having to delete my saved games? I really want to keep them. Does anybody know how to fix this?

re: same problem

yeah i have the same issue as everyone else.. everything is fine until the very last click before kick off, then BOOM! FM minimizes, then one after another about 5- different ''invalid token at line 1 of..'' come up...

this is actually driving me crazy because i had the demo which lasted 6 months then stopped at january.. (when 3rd in the championship with leicester, which was annoying not to see how that season would of ended) before buying the full game.. only find my self top of the league (again with leicester) about to play coventry in the fa cup 4th round on january 19th! (again only 6 months into the game) WHY CANT I FINISH A SEASON OF FOOTBALL MANAGER EVEN WHN IV PAID FOR IT!?!?!

i install my game through steam.. iv tried defragmenting the hardrive, defragmenting steam and also verifying integrity.. i then tried the obvious uninstal- reinstal thing that ddnt work..

please please some one find the answer to this..

I have the exact same problem n its doing my napper in HELP

i have got rid of ever thing done ever thing people said nothing works lol... only just happend when my power went off just 1 hr ago

Hi Guys,

Try this...........should work

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:
My Computer
'Tools'
'Folder Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
My Computer
'Organize'
'Folder and Search Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:
1. Open “My Computer”
2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
4. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

repeated problem

hi, I was having the same problem, until I fixed this with deleting the fm 2011 map. but now, my game crashes again just before starting a match, and the folder isn't existing anymore. any other ideas how to fix my game?