Can't seem to buy a win...

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm playing as Blackpool and it's currently March 2015, so I've been there for about four seasons.
I got promoted via the playoffs on my second season, we did start out fairly well off but admittedly
I flashed the cash a bit too much and signed big players on rather silly wages, which leaves us
relatively poor - although secure at the minute. But I was last given about 200k as a transfer
budget which for a premiership is next to useless. Last season we avoided relegation just about and
I'm currently 15th but just can't seem to win games and score goals what am I doing wrong?

The team itself is pretty strong - I've got Glen Whelan, Karl Henry, Matt Phillips, Frimpong, Lansbury
and Thomas Ince in midfield and upfront I've got ex-Bayern Munich striker Nils Petersen (who is
rated highly but no matter how much I interact or build tactics round him can't score), Aruna Dindane
who is about 34 and our lead scorer with a mere 6 goals, Adel Taarabt and young Lucas Piazon who
is meant to end up being an epic but so far haven't seen anything from him except a few goals. I'm tempteed
to sell Petersen in the summer and buy this young Mexican kid, Carlos Fierro, I almost bought him last summer
but the transfer failed at the last minute because he failed a medical.

What sort of things can I do to actually get some money, as none of my players could really be sold
to get much money and what can I do to get some wins? I've tried all sorts of formations. I train them
in 4-3-3-, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1.

By means of experiment I saved right before a fixture - lost it 1-0 with 442, so I reloaded it and tried
it with 4-5-1 and lost 2-1 and then tried it with 4-3-3 and lost 2-1. I changed my tactics fully for each
of these games but it was completely futile. This was against West Brom too, who are actually below us
in 16th place.

Oh and with regard to the money thing, Whelan and Henry for example will soon be into their mid-thirties which means I need to get some quality midfielders in there, but how can I with such a non-existent budget?!

Maybe get a few quality young loanees in at the next transfer window and at the end of the season I tend to check for decent players who are out of contract, you can sometimes get some good players that could help make your squad stronger. Hope this helps!

if you need more goals, then set your match preperation training to attacking movement, and set it to very high. you should start scoring more within a couple of weeks. Hope that helps

Back