WalkerRFC

Reaction score
I am trying to create a 4231 that dominates against 442s by having the AMC utilise the space between the opposition defence and midfield. The other requirement is that the striker is on an attack duty, since my best attacking player is my finisher.So far, games where I have used this tactic have been dull. We have even struggled for possession against a 442. The striker gets very low ratings of 6.30 and below. When I have used my 442 tactic, things have been much better. But I know I can't use this tactic 100% of the time.My theory is that we must control the ball to get it into the feet of our AMC and make the most of that space. Please tell me where I'm going wrong...

A few thoughts....

-if you want the AMC to be the playmaker? Why have a second player in the DLP?

-if you want to get the ball into the AMC and also control possession, why Pass Into Space?

-why an attacking mentality if you are eager to control possession rather than move the ball forward quickly?

-why does the striker have to be on Attack just because he's a good finisher? The striker and AP both being on attack mean they are going to be looking to go at goal more than bring others into play.

-what kind of chances are you looking to create for your striker? The IF and AP suggest one type, the winger suggests another.

What are you seeing from analyzing the matches you are watching? Why are you losing possession and turning the ball over? What are opponents doing to you? Providing into like the striker getting low ratings doesn't really tell us anything at all. That can happen for several differed reasons - from not seeing the ball to failing to convert great chances.