Cantona's Awaited Return to England... With Chesterfield FC

CFC88

Reaction score
John Sheridan leaves Chesterfield

View attachment 147700

John Sheridan has decided to leave the club for Bournemouth after only one year in charge at the B2Net Stadium as a replacement for Eddie Howe who has left for championship side Burnley. This comes to a huge shock too the whole town as he has gathered a reputation around the city for the way his side play their football. A compensation fee of 132k has been agreed by the clubs boards and our chairman Barrie Hubbard has told newspapers that all this shall go straight into the transfer funds as he is desperate for his local side to be promoted. There doesnt seem to be anyone looking to take over the reigns and due to this assistant manager Tommy Wright will be the clubs boss for the forseeable future. Rumours are being spread Manchester United Legend Eric Cantona is looking for a way back into English football in any way possible... This could be the starting point for a managerial career for Cantona, 44

View attachment 147714

FANS WANT HIM HERE !!!

Nice OP mate. I'm sure Eric will be a hit with the fans. Look forward to the next update. Check my AFC Wimbledon story out please buddy.

thanks guys been reading ures mate, rise of the wombles ?

Hes Back

Eric Cantona today flew in from France to discuss financial terms after admitting he'd to to take the reigns at Chesterfield after John Sheridan left for Bournemouth. Cantona has been away from English football for more than 10 years and is delighted to be back. The Chesterfield faithful are said to be delighted with Eric's appointment despite only ever coaching France's beach soccer team, but believes he has what it takes to be the manager of a professional club. Cantona's first press conference shall take place tomorrow at 4 o'clock, and shall be broadcasted live on Sky Sports News.

KIU Mate good start have a look at mine in my sig and comment :D

KIU Mate good start have a look at mine in my sig and comment :D

been reading yours mate, after the black leopards what continent are you going to move onto

updating it ryt now,

Now we cross over to the B2Net stadium where Eric Cantonas first press conference as Chesterfield manager is about to take place.

BBCNews: Eric, youv'e been away from English football for a long time now, how does it feel too be back ?

Eric: I'm delighted to be back. I have admired the English game since i was 10 and haven't stopped watching it since, and I had the pleasure of playing at the highest level of English football and I would love to take these lads there.

ATTACH]148124[/ATTACH]

SkySportsNews: What targets have you set for your first season in football management.?

Eric: I want to get promoted to League 1, also i'd love a good cup run. Finally i'd love for people around the world to talk about Chesterfield FC , not about the famous manager but the style of football the team play. I want to develop an attacking and attractive approach to the game, with 2 solid centre halfs and the full backs bombarding forward at every opportunity.

DailyRecord: With a budget at around 200k, how do you plan to spend this ?

Eric: Well obviously we'll attempt to sign players on loan deals and get players who are free agents. I've already been in contact with a few players but no names shall be mentioned until a further date.

Will you be keeping the current backroom staff at the club or do you intend to bring your own men in ?

Eric : Well ive been in contact with Peter Schmeichel to become assistant to me, he says he would love too but his family have just settled into their new house in Malaga.

Eric: No more questions for now

HAS HE GOT WHAT IT TAKES ?

www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk

Pre season has went well for our new manager Eric Cantona, few brilliant signings, good results etc. Eric Cantona has started a Blog only season ticket holders can access, this shall include match reports, first to here about new signings, and just general discussion. Sign up today if you are a season ticket holder for free.

www.cantona's-cfcblog.co.uk

View attachment 148133

PRE-Season Review

Pre season went really well. I met my new team for the first time on June 29th and I knew after our first training session together that we would need to make drastic changes to the current squad. The player who has stood out so far is Danny Whitaker who ive been playing in the attacking midfielder role. His vision first touch and finishing reminds me of me when I was at Manchester United. I remember seeing him for the academy team when he was about 15 and he was a sensational player. I am pleased with the results we have got and match reports which are located below.

View attachment 148141

Milwall 1 - 0 Chesterfield

I played the weakest side possible for this match too see if any of the players were worth keeping, a few proved they have what it takes to be in my side. We dominated possesion for the first 5 minutes and we got caught on the counter attack and they scored through James Henry, I brought Danny Whitaker on and he was sensational, we created many chances after the substitution but failed to make our chances count.

View attachment 148157

Morton 0 - 0 Chesterfield

Again put a weakened side out and this time we were absolutely awful. Defence was a shambles. The Midfield couldn't string a pass together and the strikers missed many chances. Morton had most of the possesion throughout the whole match. Thankfully their finishing was as bad as ours.

View attachment 148164

Forfar 0 - 2 Chesterfield

Played some of my new signings who impressed me a lot, some nice passing throughout the match against a very poor Forfar side. Had alot of the possesion during the game and scored a good goal after Forfar had a corner.

Goals scored by darren fletcher (o.g) - Scott Boden.

View attachment 148188

Spartans 1 - 4 Chesterfield

Good performance from the guys, yet to get a taste of the atmosphere at the B2Net stadium. Some nice football played by all the lads who played, once again Danny Whitaker with a fantastic performance, set up three of the 4 goals and grabbing a goal himself.

Goals by Danny Whitaker - Danny Invincible - Dean Morgan x2

Tomorrows issue is about the signings i have made during the transfer window ...

Unlucky loss against Milwall but overall good results. KIU, I'm definitely following.

I was given a hard budget of 232k and a wage budget of 99k which proved to be difficult to improve on the side. But im delighted with the signings ive brought in but have used all my budget and had a request for more funds rejected as the club is struggling with finances at the moment.

Transfers

IN

Peter Masilea 210 k View attachment 148234
Steve Finnan View attachment 148235
Conor Coady (loan) View attachment 148236
Nicola Ventola View attachment 148237
Jason Talbot 22k View attachment 148238
Robbert Maruanaya View attachment 148239
Rolandas Dziaukstas View attachment 148240
Danny Invincible View attachment 148241
Gregory Schaken View attachment 148242
Febian Brandy View attachment 148243
Neil Etheridge View attachment 148244

AUGUST REVIEW

August was a fantastic month for me, the players and the club ! We have won every game so far competitively which has been great and once again I need to mention the performances of Danny Whitaker, with 16 goals in his first 10 games, many clubs are after him but we are currently in talks over a 5 year contract extension. We are still in all competitions and at top of the league so everything is running smoothly.

Chesterfield 3 -0 Shrewsbury Town

I went with a 4-4-2 diamond for our first league match of the season against an injury savaged Shrewbury side who had 3 youngsters in the side. We dominated possesion the whole match and we played a very attractive passing game. It was like a training game if im honest. I believe Shrewsbury should have had a penalty but im not going to get into trouble for slagging a referee off.

Goals by Febian Brandy on his debut, Danny Invincible on his debut and Danny Whitaker

Sent off - Dziaukstas 2nd yellow

Carling Cup 1st Round

Norwich 3 - 4 Chesterfield.

Absolutely delighted about this victory, maybe my ambitions may become reality and go on a fantastic cup run, The game was played infront of a loud Carrow Road crowd of almost 12,000 and what a game of football it was. They went in at the interval 2-1 after goals by Stephen Hughes and a Korey Smith. But I told the lads that we had the beating of them as they had a weakened side playing. And the lads went and done me proud. Danny Whitaker was not fully fit and after Allott took a knock after 48 mins, i couldnt risk him and boy did it pay off, a superb hat-trick from the balde bandit won us the game.

Goals by Whitaker x3 Gregory Schaken

Bury 3 - 4 Chesterfield

Delighted with the win but I was disgusted by the centre halfs performances, Masilela was awful despite scoring 2 goals. The game was played at a high tempo and we took the lead after 12 minutes from a Masilela header, after that our performance dropped dramaticlally and Bury equalised through Nick Ajose on 28 minutes. That goal woke us up and we started to gain control of possesion once again. We took the lead again 5 minutes from half time when Nicola Ventola stroked it by Christian Dibble. The second half whistle went with Bury taking kick off and didn't have the ball until the 66th minute when we got a corner. which was swung in by Danny Whitaker and Masilela doubled his tally for the season. After we scored our 3rd of the afternoon, we started to get a little shaky and they took advantage of this when Ryan lowe scored two goals in 7 minutes to bring Bury level. And it took a piece of pure genius from playmaker Danny Whitaker to score 1 minute into injury time. He got the ball at the half way line and kept running and smashed the ball into the net.

Goals by Masilela x2 - ventonla - whitaker

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Aldershot

This was a false score. Aldershot were brilliant but they missed a few chances including a penalty in the 8th minute missed by Tim Sills, and after that we sprayed the ball around beautifully and the pressure piled on the Aldershot team. And it payed off as Gregory Schaken scored from 25 yards. Great strike !! Soon after we got another this time a screamer from Ventola. The second half was no where near as exciting !

Carling Cup 2nd Round

Leicester 0 - 3 Chesterfield

Words cant describe how proud I am of all the lads, the shift they put in was exceptional, thats what happens when you play a weakened side even though a club is two divisions lower than yourselves. The game was played at a fast tempo and the possesion of the football was basicly equal which frustrated the Leicester players and their fans started to get on their backs which made it worse for them. Nothing much happened in the first half except we had a penalty claim ignored. The second half was amazing for Chesterfield but not so good for Leicester as another Danny Whitaker hat-trick destroyed the blues dreams. 3rd round draw will be posted on here later on today!

Goals by Danny whitaker x3

Rotherham 1 - 4 Chesterfield

This was a superb result, I believe Rotherham are a very very poor side and should have been alot more, we played some great football and the Chesterfield fans came in their numbers today, they have showed a great support since ive been here. And after making this blog another 1200 season tickets have been purchased. Adam Le Fondre is a player i shall be sending scouts to look at now and again. He scored a great goal today and he could fit right into our squad.

goals by Whitaker x3 - Mark Allott

Overall, August has been a superb month for everyone involved at the club, still in the cups top of the league and our performances are getting better and better

View attachment 148295

Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

Cardiff v Wolves
Ipswich v Chelsea
Middlesbrough v Chesterfield
Preston v Stoke
QPR v Wigan
Arsenal v Blackpool
Aston Villa v Burnley
Blackburn v West Ham
Doncaster v Reading
Everton v Swansea
Fulham v Birmingham
Man City v Tottenham
Man United v Liverpool
Newcastle v Bolton
Nottm Forest v Bristol City
Sunderland v Milwall

we will win this match !!!

It's... okay for a first attempt, but other stories like the Welsh one will shadow this one
Just saying.. KIU anyways