Capacity of new stadiums

• Thread starter Thread starter Calz88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6K

Calz88

Reaction score
What determines the capacity? I have just got a new ground for aldershot just got promoted to prem and the capacity is a little over 14,000 just seems a bit pointless building a new stadium with such low capacity.

What determines the capacity? I have just got a new ground for aldershot just got promoted to prem and the capacity is a little over 14,000 just seems a bit pointless building a new stadium with such low capacity.

I think it depends on city population. And you can always ask board to expand the stadium.

No idea, as Liverpool my new stadium was around 70k or maybe a bit more, try expand it as often as you can.

The problem with that iv had the same thing with my other save they only expand it 2-3000 each year it's a pain in the ****!

Aldershot has a population of 34.000 people, so it seems like a realistic size for a town that small. It's actually a huge stadium in comparison to the population. Imagine that over half the towns population had to watch football to fill it up.

Last edited:
Yer but people don't just support aldershot that live in aldershot there are huge surrounding areas, the problem is with such a small ground I'm limited with income through gate receipts?

I got Colwyn Bay, which as a town has a population of 30000, from Blue Square South to Premiership. When I got there they built me a 15,000 seater stadium. It's very hard to maintain good finances as gate receipts are so low, but managed to cope by signing young players and selling them a few years on. After a few years, built a decent squad and won the league a few times. Managed to win the Champions League a couple of times too. Currently, I am the 5th biggest club in the world which is good considering I still have a 15,000 seater! The downside of having a stadium built is that you have to wait 20 YEARS before they will build a new one. SO, after 20 years of premiership football, the board have agreed to build a 62,000 seater! Its also worth noting that I had around 50m in the bank (the board were offering me 250m transfer budget a year, which I hardly spent any to keep finances good!

I think its more to do with club reputation and money in the bank

I do exactly the same thing i have won cl and prem a few times never spend my transfer budget, I suppose if they keep adding 2-3000 seats a year eventually it will be a half decent stadium

I too took Aldershot to the Prem. Moved into a rented ground called Elm Lane during the Championship season as the board took out £20M loan to build a 20000 seater. Since being in the Prem have managed to upgrade it up to 32500

The stadium size is relevant to your fan base size. The more you win, the more fans you will attract hence the more demand for seats so then you would get a new stadium. There is no limit that your club can build up to. But it does take a lot of time.

Exactly what I thought steve but after 4years in a row of winning everything And keeping my bank balance v healthy usually (120m in the green every season) I just assumed they would put a few more seats in rather than 2-3000 a year

Plus it takes like 20 years or so to build a new stadium as well.

Ok so my ground holds 31,472 I get 31,472 at EVERY home game, apparently It can't expand anymore? So do I have to wait 20 years for a new ground???

Got the sma problem with AZ Alkmaar at the moment 5th season in and expanded to 30000, the maximum. i'm champions league selling out every game and i cant build a new one, btw 52 mil sitting in the kitty as well, so no problems there....

Ok so my ground holds 31,472 I get 31,472 at EVERY home game, apparently It can't expand anymore? So do I have to wait 20 years for a new ground???
No after building a stadium you have to wait 20 years until you are allowed to build a new one.

Got the sma problem with AZ Alkmaar at the moment 5th season in and expanded to 30000, the maximum. i'm champions league selling out every game and i cant build a new one, btw 52 mil sitting in the kitty as well, so no problems there....

It's a massive pain in the **** isn't it!

On the subject has anybody got far enough in the game to get 2 stadiums ie getting a stadium then another one 20 years later??

If I have a takeover is it possible to then get a new ground or do I still have to wait 20 years

Back