zachswfc

Reaction score
England must qualify for the Euros!,But without Fabio.
A meeting took place this morning at the FA headquaters in London to decide if Fabio Capello would keep his job as England manager after a poor World cup display.Fabio's side were knocked out against Germany in the 1st round of the knockout stages in Bloomfontain.England drew 1-1 to Usa 0-0 to Algeria and won 1-0 against Sloveina in there world cup group,many pundits all over the world expexted England to win all three matches

At approxmatley 11:36 AM the FA made a public statement saying that Fabio Capello had been sacked as England manager and they were looking for a new manager.

Many betting shops are having Harry Redknapp as faviourite for the job at a price at 1/3
Here are the betting odds for the job from Betfair

Harry Redknapp 1/3
Steve Bruce 4/1
Steve MCclaren 16/1
Jamie Redknapp 16/1
Stuart Pearce 16/1

With Harry Reknapp as faviourite many Spurs fans are thinking about there club without Harry Redknapp,he is one of the best managers Tottenham have ever had qualifying for the Champions League last year and many more special moments.
View attachment 146464

(Fabio Capello waving goodbye)

And the new manager is...

The new manager is...

Harry Redknapp the former Tottenham manager is delighted to be appointed as England manager he is also sad to leave Spurs where he guided them to the Champions League.Harry's press-conferance is tomorrow at 10:30 AM

Wednesday 7th August
Harry's first press-conferance as England manager
A large set of journalists are ready to ask questions to Harry in the media room,Harry said he will only take 5 questions.

The Sun:Harry you left Tottenham for this job why did you leave Tottenham if you thought you were doing so well?

Harry:I joined England because they are my country and you should never give up on your country let your country give up on you.If i was Barcelona manager and winning every cup competition going and England approached me i would have accepted the job and become the England manager.To represent your country is a fantastic honour so what ever i was doing at my last job i would still join England.

Four-Four-Two magazine:Harry are you set to change the captiancy?

Harry:Yes i am this is a new start a new era and there will be a new captain and a new vice captain that will be named on Tuesday 10th Augsust 2010.

Observer:Harry in your squad selections are you going to go for experianced players?

Harry:I am going to mix and match it if a player is turning out to be a star then you can expect him in my side whatever league he is in.

BBC SPORT:Harry do you think you can win the Euros?

Harry:Ask me that question if we even qualify for the Euros.

Itv News:Harry what is the aim while you are here?

Harry:To reach the Euros and hopefully win it im only here till 2013 but my contract could get renewed and hopefully i can stay on for the 2014 World cup in Brazil but lets just take it one step at a time.

Harry:No more questions now thankyou.
View attachment 146468
(Harry Redknapp in his press-conferance)

Hungary game

Hungary game.

Harry Redknapp's first game as England manager is only 2 days away his first game is against Hungary in a freindly and in a press confernace this morning Harry Redknapp decided to make John Terry as captain and Frank Lampard as his vice captain.

This is how his press-conferance went.

The FA:Harry can you please tell us your captain and vice captain and your reason's why please?

Harry:My captain is John Terry as he know's about being the captain of his nationial country and how to handle pressure,I think Fabio was wrong taking the captaincy away from him last year,is it Fabio's concern of what he was upto in his private life? No i dont think so. My vice captain is Frank Lampard as he has never captained England and in my opinion he should so if Terry is either injured or is not in the starting line up Frank will be there to back him up.

The Sun: Harry do you think you can beat Hungary?

Harry: Yes i do i think i have put a strong side together for this clash and i want my team to come out on top.

England vs Hungary

England line up.
Hart
G.Johnson Dawson Terry A.Cole
Gerrard Carrick Lampard A.Johnson
Carroll Rooney

In this game England never looked liked losing with Andy Carroll and Michael Dawson putting us 2-0 up in the first half.

Hungary didn't look a threat at all but we weren't taking anything for granted.It only takes a second to score and get them back in this game.
Half time score England 2-0 Hungary
In the second half we looked more attacking minded and we scored a fantastic goal in the 61st minute with Wayne Rooney 18 passes and then Rooney rifles one in from 20 yards.
Full time score England 5-1 Hungary