danthered

Banned
Reaction score
Following Dave Jones' failed attempt at promotion last year, which resulted in a 1-0 loss to Blackpool in the Play-Off Final, The Cardiff City board have decieded it is time for a change in manager, something fans have had mixed opinions on in recent years.

Cardiff Chairman Datuk Chan Tien Ghee has decieded with the board to offer a new way to choose a new manager. A competion that fans, players, football staff and anyone who wishes to participate. It's down to a huge random number selection, if your number is picked, your the manager.

Derby Midfield and former Welsh midfield Robbie Savage
"I think it's a foolish decision by Cardiff City, a year after they nearly got promoted, and they are willing to give away the managerial postion, it's a disgrace, Swansea will be loving this"

Who will get the managerial postion? Who knows?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Following last weeks shock announcment by the Cardiff Chairman today, we will find out who the manager for Cardiff City.

Datuk Chan Tien Ghee has said;
"The same is expected from any winner, Cardiff MUST get promoted, goodluck to all involved."

And the winner is...

"The winning number is... 10,302
The name allocated to this number is...Daniel Bowen!"

Unknown Daniel Bowen, a Cardiff City fan has been announced the new Cardiff City Manager. In a quick announcement he has said;

"I know people doubt me, and I would if I was anyone else, but I'm going to do my best for Cardiff City, that is my promise, now I've got some work to do, I'll speak more in a press meeting soon"

It has been confirmed that some recent Cardiff loanee players, secured by Dave Jones have had their contracts with Cardiff terminated already and will be sent back to their parent clubs. Those involved are ; Danny Drinkwater & Andrew Keogh.
Speculation over whether Bellamy's, Koumas' & Olofinjana's futures at Cardiff will be safe is still ongoing.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Seyi Olofinjana is the latest name to be axed from Cardiff City! Questions will surely be asked of Daniel Bowen in the press conference this afternoon.

@ Cardiff City Stadium
Interviewer: Daniel Bowen, first off, congratulations on your appointment as manager of Cardiff City.
Bowen: Thanks, I'm delighted to have an opportunity in the football world.
Interviewer: The fans don't seemed to worried to have you as manager, but they are worrired about the recent contract terminations of Keogh, Drinkwater & Olofinjana. Whats your say on this?
Bowen: Well, they are good players, and good for this level, but they were restricting my movement through the transfer market, would fans rather see loan players? Or.. brand new players who are at Cardiff City for the long term?
Interviewer: Thats a good point, but what names do you have on your list?
Bowen: Aha, now that would be telling, but let me say this, we are tracking a new central defender and we have 3 candidates for a striker, we are looking for an attacking midfield to supply the strikers but that isn't top of our to-do list.
Interviewer: In that case is it safe to say that either Bellamy, Chopra or Bothroyd will be on the way out of Cardiff?
Bowen: Well Bellamy has been a huge lift to club and supporter moral so he will be staying, Chopra is a good solid striker for this level, but Bothroyd has been attracting intrest from higher level clubs, ideally I'd like to keep all three but who knows?
Interviewer: Then what about the central defender position? Any news on that?
Bowen: Well that's where I feel we are weakest. We've had some terrific players in the past like Roger Johnson and Glen Loovens, but the past manager has been foolish and passed these players on. Hudson is a good player and I'm missing Riggot who is currently injured. No disrespect to Gyepes but I see him more as a substitute, so a central defender will be here soon, that is all.
Interviewer: Thank you for your time.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Brazillian 22 year old striker, Igor has been brought in as a 2 weeks trial, players have said that he isn't up to scratch for Cardiff's level, questions whether Igor's stay will be perminant are around the Cardiff camp at the moment.

Cardiff have secured the signing of former Arsenal, Middlesbrough and French Youth Striker, Jeremie Aliadiere
Jeremie-Alidiere-Middlesbrough-Squad-2008-OFF_1496079.jpg

Aliadiere is a fast striker and will certainly provided competion for first team football between him, Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra.

Cardiff have also secured American centre back Jay DeMerit. It is presummed that he will go straight into the starting XI. Both of the recent singings have been free transfers, perhaps Bowen knows what he's doing?
jay-demerit.jpg

Bowen will be travelling the world looking for future transfer targets, preseason games will be controlled by Assistant Manager Terry Burton.

you have a follower, i'm a cardiff fan <o>

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Today I've returned from my 3 week vacation, I said I was off looking for talent but to be honest the pressure was starting to get to me already I had to get out of there! Terry told me the fixture results from the preseason with some bad news.
Preseason Results;
Cardiff 2 - St. Mirren 1 (Bothroyd, Koumas)
Cardiff 5 - Chasetown 3 (Tayler O.G, Igorx2, Burke, Taiwo)
Cardiff 1 - Southend 0 (Aliadiere)
Cardiff 0 - Hearts 1
Cardiff 1 - Swindon 1 (Chopra)
Cardiff 3 - Bradford 2 (Bellamy,Koumas, Chopra)
Cardiff 1 - Ebbsfleet 1 (Wildig)

Bit of a shakey preseason with no clear consistant goalscorer.
A call from Terry Burton informed that our young rightback Adam Matthews had broken his leg in the match against Southend and won't be available to play for about 5-6 monthes.

In brighter news, we brought in Tunisian Attacking Midfield Selim Benachour on a free transfer to provide competion for Koumas.

Stoke want to buy Bothroyd and submitted an enquiry for how much we want, I responded for £2.5 million, as it would free some money up for transfers and contract extensions. Funds are tight at Cardiff, I need all the money I can get.

I Spoke with the board, asking to get a parent club to increase our finances and allow players to come to us on loan, but they refused to see reason. They also turned down my request of increased funds. Tight bunch of gits! Oh well, lets see what the season has for us. First game is home against Crystal Palace, hoping for a win there.

Gone up my grandparents tonight, getting an error message when i try to load the game off my usb, so i'll continue this story tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:09 PM ----------

BOTHROYD OUT!
Today it had been announced that former England youth striker Jay Bothroyd has joined Stoke FC in the Premier Division. It is estimated that the fee was around £2.5 million. Bowen had this to say;

"To be honest I'm glad Bothroyd is gone, he thought he was a top player and when he tried to play to this level, he kept disappointing. I think it's safe to say Chopra and Aliadiere will be used a lot rotating alongside Bellamy."

In Mind: "Jeez, I thought that selling Bothroyd will let me manouvour in the transfer market, but no. The board have said from this £2.5M, I've been given around £850k. Most of this will be added to our wage budget so I can offer Matthews, Burke & Riggot contract extensions. To be honest though, Bellamy and Koumas' would leave at the end of the season and give me some more money to use. I wish I never sold Bothroyd looking back, but I'll never admit that to anyone. Crystal Palace soon, this will be a test."

Good effort pal, will pop in from time to time

Note: Most of my updates will come every 4 games or every 2 games, can't decied. What would you say is better? This is a single update just to see what you guys think.

Lucky Number 7 For Cardiff

Cardiff gave Crystal Palace a real bruising in their dominant 7-1 victory, but it easily could have been 10.
Debutants Koumas, Bellamy, DeMerit & Aliadiere scored 6 between them while Chopra scored the
7th. Bellamy put in a MOTM performance with 2 goals and 2 assists but my man of the match went to Jay DeMerit, he scored one from a corner with a fine header but had his 2nd goal, also from a corner disallowed for a push on Palace's defender, Koumas said the decision was "stupid". DeMerit also hit the crossbar from 18 yards, so a near hattrick for a centre back, fine debut.

The tactics look like their working and Bowen will certainly be praised by the footballing world considering her was a nobody a few weeks ago.

Last edited: