Cardiff City Promoted.. Need Help With Signings!

• Thread starter Thread starter ldavies2k9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

ldavies2k9

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got Cardiff City promoted in my first season through the play offs and need some help on wich players would help me stay in the premiership as im struggling to sign players at the moment.

Ive got just over £30 million budget to spend and my starting 11 at the moment is:

GK. Enckelman
RB. McNaughton
CB. Roger Johnson
CB. Sol Campbell (Just got him on trial for 4 weeks)
LB. (Nobody at the moment.. had Fabio Da Silva last year but he had returned to United now)
CM. Stephen Appiah
CM. Gavin Rae
CM. Omar Benzegra
LAM. Paul Parry
RAM. Peter Whittingham
ST. Marcus Tudgay / Michael Chopra

Hey, you will need 1 or 2 more strikers to be succesful, if you play 1 upfront I recommend Milevskyi, also I've heard nothing but good things about Keirrison, he seems great. Milevskyi is really good for me in the prem, I also think you need a new CM or 2, try Parker, he is playing really well for me on my West Ham save, or someone like gelson fernandes, they're the type of players you'll need, hard working and strong CM's, for LB possibly Guilherme? He is an all round good LB, also if you have enough cash, I highly recommend Stephen Warnock as he is very good for me with West Ham. You need a new GK, try David James, he would do you for a season, you prob need a new RB, I can't actually think of anyone at this time, look at the teams that were relegated from prem last season, and try get a player that way. Also get Chris Eagles on RAM, he is a beast for me at QPR in prem, scored 12 goals and 18 assists in 1st season in prem. LAM try Ochirosii, apparently he's good. I know this will a cost a lot of money but you have a good chance of staying up with these players :) Hope this helped :)

You need a creative centre mid like Francisco Merida or maybe Abou Diaby of Arsenal. If not try Ramires or Hernanes from Brazil.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also, the guy above mentioned Ochirosii, for RAM go for Gabriel Torje or Steau, he'll set you back 2-4 million or go for Davide Santon. For LAM go for Andy Driver of hearts. For lone striker, you need someone who is quick, good in the air and cann finish so Hulk or Milevskyi will be good. For left back go for Brian Easton of Hamilton (only good on 9.3 patch) or Peter Masislela, for right back get Stephen Kelly on a free and also try and get Tore Reginiussen for centre back. Sadick Adams would also be a good signing but he doesn't get good until season 4-5. Hope this helps you. You could also get Andriy Rusol of Dnipro unless you want english players so i reccomend Ryan Shawcross of Stoke or Krystian Pearce of Birmingham. In goal, you should go for Vincent Enyeama or Asenjo but Asenjo might be a bit too pricey. What happened to Ross McCormack and Joe Ledley? If you want a quick centre half to play with Roger Johnson, then Nedum Onuoha is the man for you. You should be able to find some gems in the Man City reserves which may include Michael Johnson, Gelson Fernandes and Ched Evans, offer about 2 Million for Ched Evans and it should be accepted, your Cardiff so you need Welsh talent. If 2 Million isn't accpeted, try to get him on loan for season with a buy clause because he does score a lot of goals. I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies ill have a scout around them now see what i can find.

By the way to answer your question about McCormack and Ledley..

I tend to play McCormack on the right with Whittingham down the middle.. but towards the end of the season Rae's form picked up and he scored some important goals so McCormack dropped to the bench and Whittingham went on the wing. And as for Ledley he was sold in the January transfer window for £5million to Sunderland. He wasnt happy at the club so i decided to send him on his way.

Also just to mention Stephen Appiah states that he isnt happy at the club and im recieving offers all the time for him.. is it worth selling him or trying to hang on to him?

How big are the offers? Could you get somebody better with his transfer fees? If yes then sell him. If you sell him i would recommend Scott Parker or Ramires. Both are high calibre players and love the big games. Hope this helped.

Got offered £4m for him but at the moment he is injured so not getting any more offers :(

You realy need a good back for and a very good anchorman as your gona be on the backfoot in most of the games!

try signing ross turnbull from middlesborough as hes quite cheap and reliable!

also maybe rob Huth?

Ramires or dan gosling would be good anchormen young and talented

just have look around low end prem teams and use the player search display:D

13M <-- Balotelli
12.5M <-- Vagner Love

Thats who i would buy there always in my team...

But its up to you..

ye good players but would they want to go to cardiff city???

gota be realistic

Got a few signings in now.. ill post up who ive managed to get when the window closes.. thanks for all the help :)

So far ive brought in the players:

Wayne Hennessey (GK - £3m from Wolves)
Vincenzo Fiorillo (GK - £1.9m from Sampdoria)
Federico Macheda (ST - Loan from Man Utd)
Benoit Assouu-Ekotto (LB - Loan from Spurs)
Joe Mattock (LB - £2.5m from Leicester)
Papadopolous (CB - £575k from Olympiakos)
Gai Assulin (LM - £850k from Barca)
Nedum Onuoha (CB - £2.7m from Man City)

Hope to bring a few more in before start of season aswell.

Just accepted an offer for Appiah for £4m but seem to be struggling to bring a target man and a cental midfielder in.. any advice?

Last edited:
Back