Career History

• Thread starter Thread starter stevesteve
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 887

stevesteve

Reaction score
I'm just curious what exactly 'Automatic' means as an option as your previous experience when starting a new game?

Is it random or matches the team you pick depending on the size of it?

cheers

Pretty much means no footballing experience. So if you jump straight in at the deep end and took charge of a club like say Man City, you'll find it much harder to motivate the team to play for you, unlike if you took charge of a team like say Droylsden.

cool man, I see. cheers. Thinking of trying an unemployed start with that tonight. will I be ok getting a job using 'automatic' or is it the kinda thing you would use when selectinga team?

I thought "Automatic" meant it sets your reputation the lowest required to get a job.

(Not sure if what I wrote makes sense...)

cool man, I see. cheers. Thinking of trying an unemployed start with that tonight. will I be ok getting a job using 'automatic' or is it the kinda thing you would use when selectinga team?

Hmm.. If you pick automatic and took over a club like Plymouth you should be fine. If you start automatic and unemployed, and a job comes up in the Blue Square league you'll be more than okay. Saying that, in a seperate save, Hodgson was sacked after WBA got relegated and I got offered a 3 year contract to rebuild them and get them back up-and that was with automatic experience. I wouldn't know if I got the players motivated though as I rejected the offer. However I'm doing a story with Swansea, and not having any problems motivating the players so far with team talks. You could do a test run with some clubs by taking over them straight away and see what happens.

I thought "Automatic" meant it sets your reputation the lowest required to get a job.

(Not sure if what I wrote makes sense...)

Oh. I thought it was do with past experience.

Sunday League Footballer makes it the hardest for you. That's what i've always used on FM and if you start unemployed you'll get offered jobs in League 2/BSP

Back