Carragher agrees new Liverpool contract.

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/carragher-agrees-new-deal

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce that Jamie Carragher has agreed a two year contract extension that will keep him at Anfield until June 2013.

Speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv, Carragher said: "We've been talking about it for the last couple of weeks.

"Obviously there's been more important business for the club to deal with and rightly so. Mine was put to the back of the queue and that was no problem.

"But it's finally sorted now. I'm looking forward to hopefully finishing my career at the club. When Liverpool offer you a contract you sort it out pretty quickly.

"Since the day I made my debut, my dream would have been to finish my career at the club and hopefully now that will be the case."

The news was greeted with delight by boss Roy Hodgson, who admitted he was pleased to secure the future of one of the club's longest serving players.

Hodgson told us:"I am really pleased Jamie has been offered and agreed a new contract. It is people like Jamie who represent the spirit of Liverpool Football Club and embody everything we try to achieve here.

"His contribution on the field has been of the very highest quality. He is one of the best centre backs in the Barclays Premier League and I look forward to working with him for the next three years."

The Reds vice captain has been a key fixture in the side since making his debut back in January 1997 and currently ranks sixth in the club's all-time list of appearances having donned the famous shirt on no fewer than 641 occasions.

The No. 23 enjoyed a testimonial against Everton earlier this year and is now in the midst of his 15th season with the club.

He has won no fewer than 10 major honours with the Reds, including two FA Cups, two League Cups, a UEFA Cup and the Champions League.

Thoughts?

Absoloute Liverpool legend. :D

He's still a good defender, so long as the opposition come to him and not the other way round.

solid when its backs against the wall stuff but lacks pace hugely and seems to get muscled off alot more. Still very proffesional and a great man.

To be fair, even the football side doesn't matter too much, Liverpool will be retaining their most loyal player till 2013 and he's also a great role model for any young liverpool player, I hate his guts, but he's like a Ryan Giggs at Liverpool and he deserves that contract by the loyalty he's shown.

Not good enough for England, but still a strong centre-back for Liverpool.

To be honest it will probably be just a paycut? Liverpool legend though, definatly deserves it and hope he finishes his career at Liverpool an goes on to be a coach because hes a great role model.

Would be nice for him to finish his career with the league title too. Hopefully the new owners can help with that.

Would be nice for him to finish his career with the league title too. Hopefully the new owners can help with that.
That's really not going to happen. They need to focus on avoiding relegation this season, and then we'll see if they pump in any money in January and at the end of the season.

That's really not going to happen. They need to focus on avoiding relegation this season, and then we'll see if they pump in any money in January and at the end of the season.

That's absoloute tosh. Avoid relegation? I'l wank over a picture of Gordon Brown if we finish in the bottom half.

Liverpool are serious contenders with 4-5 quality signings, 1 or 2 of them coming in January. They just need improve their form, hopefully the takeover will help with that. They will end up in European places just as long they stick with Hodgson.

I would say Carragher is getting close to past it now but still will be a solid backup until 2013. Agreed in hoping he becomes a coach at the end of his contract

Back