Carroll not for sale, says Pardew

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 696

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew insists that talented striker Andy Carroll will stay at St James' Park.

More...

He wont move for probably 18months yet, he still has a lot to learn, and might as well do it, where he is settled and playing well

Yeah, not for sale, but when you put loads and loads of money in front of Pardew for Carroll, the first word I guess Pardew will say is : SOLD!

Yeah, not for sale, but when you put loads and loads of money in front of Pardew for Carroll, the first word I guess Pardew will say is : SOLD!

first thing any manager would say is sold, everyone has a price

I wouldn't take anything under £15m tbh with the potential he has, and if its a rich club trying to get him like, Man City, lets say.. £40m. ;)

Can't think why he would want to leave us anyway, as he is a Newcastle fan and loves the club, and said he wants to be remembered as a legend like Shearer.

If he keeps banging in goals and has a strong season, it'll be hard to dismiss a £20 million++ bid from the top of the table.

I don't rate him that highly yet, though, personally. Think in 2-3 seasons he can be pretty good and can see him heading to Tottenham or so.

Hopefully Spurs go in for him, and it wouldnt suprise me if Ashley accepted it, seeing as he obviously doesnt care that much about the club, so if we lumped 15m in front of him I think he would accept.

Then it would be a case of persuading Carroll to come and play Champions League football ;)

He said on an interview that he wants to spend his career at Newcastle.

Why would anyone bid for Carroll? he's a brilliant talent but he has the sort of attitude which could make him the biggest flop of any century, wouldnt be suprised if he ends up in prison for his off-field actions.

If he change's his ways and stays at Newcastle for 18 months i think the lad's got a bright future, Capello's seen his potential and he England cap was just to show what he could achieve if he changed his ways.

Yer i don't think anyone else would take a punt on him yet. maybe at the end of the season if he is still performing well.

Unless Newcastle urgently needs money, I don't see why they should sell him.

Even more if he is a supporter of the club, as you say.

I don't think he would want to move anyway. He has a bright future at Newcastle and seems to be developing/developed into a great player.

He can become a Newcastle legend if he stays and keeps getting better, Newcastle would be mad to sell him.

Pardew also said he wouldn't leave us, but look what he did 2 days after..

I wouldn't be 100% confident of Carroll staying until 1st of February.

Back