Catenaccio and the beauty of Counter attack

• Thread starter kaanoo29
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 11K
K

kaanoo29

Hi everybody, here's my new tactic, it won't give you 70-85% possession like Totally possession or crazy-scoring game, this is tactic for ones who love defend and counter attack

well, i've just tested with inter milan and it looks nice in seria A, but i'm not sure it'll work with teams at PRM, where they always run, run and cross

Requirement of player's ability

AMC: when you play counter attack, it's not about how you defend, it's about how can you score with little change, so you'll need really good AMC for making changes
STR: just an poacher, i chose paloschi because he can score with only 1 or 2 changes
STL: tall, strong striker, and better if he can assist
WBR: he'll play like a libero, defend, support, cross or sometimes ( just sometimes) score, so he must be strong and have good position attribute
other position: just chose your best defend players, DL and DMC are just the 3 and 4 defenders

Match Preparation: High / Defend, defensive positioning

D. Opposition Instructions: Ask Assistant

In game: i used get ball foward, pass to feet, work ball into box, hassle opposition

Link tactic:
Mr D' Catenaccio (Inter, Feb 2012).tac

i don't know why i met AC 3 times just in 4 months

View attachment 207435View attachment 207436View attachment 207437View attachment 207438View attachment 207439View attachment 207440View attachment 207441View attachment 207442View attachment 207443View attachment 207444View attachment 207445View attachment 207446View attachment 207447View attachment 207448View attachment 207449View attachment 207450View attachment 207451

Last edited:
Looks like one of the better catenaccio tactics :) Have you tried it with a smaller team?

I have to say, the idea of playing a sweeper in FM is awesome!

I'd really like to try this with my deportivo save, currently joint-best team in La Liga with barca and have a good regen sweeper at 18 years old needing some first team footie but... I'm not sure I'd enjoy seeing my team ony have 1 shot on target in 28mins =/.... ill think about it! Kudos though! looks very effective!

first I think this tactic was fiction because I watch Inazuma Eleven, but now I know this tactic is exist o.o

Inazuma Eleven ( <--- this video, I blame you Inazuma Eleven ! XD