CB really fast?

• Thread starter Thread starter England66
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

England66

Reaction score
Is it me or do the CBs in the game seem a lot faster this year? I break through a high line only for fastest striker in the league to get caught by the CBs is this just me?

Striker runs with the ball - Defender runs without. Only Kaka is faster with the ball.

Yeah but if you have 5-10 yards on a defender should beat him especially when there acc is 8 and mine is like 18 and pace 17

I wouldn't say they're faster this year. I think the speed penalty to run with the ball may always have been a bit steep. Very rarely I've seen a player with ball not be caught by others without. Usually it's about getting without the ball a gap close enough to the opposition goal that the player won't be caught in time.

Only once I've seen a slow CB not caught up with the fast striker. CB's pace was 4, Striker's 20. I'd say the pace difference not to be caught may be around 10-15.

There has always been an element in the match engine of "roll d20s - does the defender's anticipation and tackling beat the striker's movement and pace - if yes then defender steals in front and nicks the ball away". Which can sometimes look a bit silly, because if the crude FM models aren't good enough at showing a defender's positioning, movement, body shape, whether he's on his toes, etc, then it just looks as if he's beaten a faster player in a footrace. When it's actually one of those other aspects of defensive play that has allowed him to intercept.

I actually think it's got better in FM13, I saw far more daft footraces and absurdly good toe-end tackles in FM11.

it just seems that every through ball I play never amounts to much unless the player scores a ridiculous lob and that the game is so wing orientated now.

There has always been an element in the match engine of "roll d20s - does the defender's anticipation and tackling beat the striker's movement and pace - if yes then defender steals in front and nicks the ball away". Which can sometimes look a bit silly, because if the crude FM models aren't good enough at showing a defender's positioning, movement, body shape, whether he's on his toes, etc, then it just looks as if he's beaten a faster player in a footrace. When it's actually one of those other aspects of defensive play that has allowed him to intercept.

I actually think it's got better in FM13, I saw far more daft footraces and absurdly good toe-end tackles in FM11.

That would make sense, just in the match engine when you see your player through with that amount of pace and ground you expect a one on one and to get tackled before you reach the box is a bit of an exaggeration and now I just feel the need to have amazing wingers instead of a creative force in the midfield, for example like those at Barcelona as the through balls played seem so ineffective.

Back