• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 648
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is expected to miss the start of the new Premier League season after tearing a calf muscle in training on Tuesday.

More...

luckily he should only miss say the first two games when we are against west brom and wigan and chelsea are definately good enough to beat them without cech

unlike other teams if we dont get off to a good start we wont blame this injury. im pretty confident in ross turnbull not so much hilario after the man city game last season.

this is why you need a decent back up keeper.
Ross Turnbull wouldnt get into a championship team :S

turnbull isen't that bad when he has played for chelsea i admit not often he hasen't done nothing wrong. majority of teams 2nd keeper is worse thats why they are the 2nd keeper!!!

Not the best news for Chelsea but he won't be out for long enough for this to affect them really.

A pity.

turnbull isen't that bad when he has played for chelsea i admit not often he hasen't done nothing wrong. majority of teams 2nd keeper is worse thats why they are the 2nd keeper!!!

I agree with your point, except that Chelsea let Cudicini go. IMO he's one of the best goalies of Premier League history! Chelsea could do with him now, eh?

True that. The other problem is keeping hold of genuine quality second choice keepers, because if they've got the right attitude (bar some deep love for the club) then they'll look to move on. Mike Hooper stayed at Liverpool for eternity because of that whilst Ogrizazizavich looked to move on.

FARK! Ahh well, have faith in the the old guy and the tubby turnbull :)

the hardest game cech will miss is man utd in community shield and tbh thats nothing big is it

hope its nothing major, but on a cynical view can only be good for us, though to be honest the community shield isnt that important at all. neither manager really cares about the result, or even bragging rights in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back