Celta Vigo - The Spanish Mission

• Thread starter Thread starter BenjiHep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4K

BenjiHep

Reaction score
Hola!

I've Played FM since the very first edition. I have never posted any tactics or progression stories before so I thought I would this year.

So for those interested here goes:

After messing around with a few teams, I opted for a new approach with Celta Vigo and become a Leicester City if you'd like and aim to challenge for the title.
I am having a decent season so far and opting for a 4-2-3-1 formation, nothing fancy but getting some results when needed.
View attachment 113711 View attachment 113710
Currently in Feb 2017, heres what I have done so far:

View attachment 113713View attachment 113712

Due to LaLiga having release clause in contracts, at the start if the season I made sure I would be keeping my top players and renewed a few contracts uping the clauses. However I could not persuade Jonny to sign a new deal so he left in January for £20m and Planas will be leaving in the summer.
Though with Jonny leaving along side the big Swede JG, this gave me some funds to play around with and has served well. Barrios being a great signing, I had him in FM2016 and he became a wonder kid.

I'm on track with all my targets so far and have some new recruits line up on a free contract in the summer.
View attachment 113707

I have a 5 year plan with Celta Vigo (gain steam achievement then ;)) so hopefully I will gain a title and a few cups. Cheers for reading, summer update to follow!!

Started a save with Vigo in last years FM and done extremely well! Bongonda was amazing but I see you sold him cheaply! I ended up at Everton in that career and took him with me lol good luck.

Quick update:

View attachment 113668View attachment 113667

After a good run of games, currently sitting 2nd :D.
4-2-3-1 is working very well with the added players from Jan!

View attachment 113666View attachment 113665

With Lago Aspas out injured, Viera has stepped in at ST for the past 5 games racking up 4 goals, x2 goal of week and a hatrick against Malaga. Ricky Alvarez is settling in nicely on the right side as a IF, sweet left foot!!

Cheers!! (H)

Last edited:
Did not expect this at the start of the season!!!!
(I would like to add, no cheating has been done at all. ie bringing on other managers for transfers or to win games, save re load before games. Ive done all of this on previous versions though haha (H))

17 games unbeaten in La Liga has lead to topping the table & gaining 90% board confidence (nice little steam achievement done :D)

I've kept the same tactics throughout La Liga games using only x2 sets of TI's. I was quite impressed how they worked against Real Madrid!!

View attachment 113532View attachment 113531
View attachment 113529View attachment 113528

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well I've only gone and done it.

After a hard fought season, 4 spilt drinks after over enjoyment of winning games, 3 arguments with the misses with her shouting " you spend more time on that ****** game than with me", she doesn't understand, I have snapped up La Liga in first season,no cheating! Un real.(H)

View attachment 113047

Well, here comes the summer! Will update soon. Cheers

Back