Celtic face £1m Mowbray price tag

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 541

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Celtic would have to pay £1m in compensation to prise Tony Mowbray away from West Brom, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Seems a lot for us but looks like that might be what we need to pay for the right man.

Who else is there ?

Mark McGhee: Done a good job at Well but not the right man for us IMO.
Slaven Bilic: Croatia manager I think, seems a good choice.
Owen Coyle: Would be a great choice, but would he leave Burnley? Saying that he'd be challenging for the league, attracting better players and having more money to spend at Celtic (Hopefully) than attempting to avoid relegation with Burnley.

is a lot of money. hes a good manager but surely there's someone out there who they wouldnt have to pay for? curbishley? coppel? george burley seems to know how to win spl games but i suppose they are looking for more wins in europe. its a tricky one. but the last two managers have brought a lot of trophies and success to celtic so im sure they will choose the right man for the job.

Mowbray is not the right man for the job, even if he comes on a free. He has had 3 relegations in 6 years for West Brom.

no hes hasnt it his first relegation! he lost in play off final in his first season at west brom then walked the championship and this season got relegated!

Dont want Mowbry or Coyle not only are they not good enough but theyre both dicks

no hes hasnt it his first relegation! he lost in play off final in his first season at west brom then walked the championship and this season got relegated!

sorry about that. But is there not some statistic like that concerning WBA?

something like that but they have always been a yo yo team to good for championship not gd enough for prem

I personally don't think that Mowbray is the man to turn Celtic around. No doubting Mowbray's ability as a manager, but still not good enough to take over a club like Celtic.

what do you mean a club like celtic? They might be huge in Scotland but UK and Europe HA!

No way Celtic will get half the people there being linked with...just a joke. I really hope they appoint Mcghee. One decent season with Motherwell and the guy is linked with scotland and celtic...joke

As for Mowbray, i think he is the right man for the job

1. he knows how the spl is played
2. plays a good brand of football the fans complained wasnt there with gordan

But i wouldnt want to leave west brom for celtic.

Think it was Strachan who said that Celtic now can't match the wages being paid by Hull City, which gives their financial clout some perspective.

Mowbray would be a good manager for Celtic - used to working within a very tight budget, likes his teams to play attractive football and has had relative success with the Baggies. Might be a decent sideways career move for him as Celtic offer European football which would add to his CV if he wanted to get a bigger job afterwards.

Back