Celtic Football Club - Glasgows Green and White!

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBhoys
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4K

TheBhoys

Reaction score
The day had finally come, I was in the hot seat! After years of dreaming, it had finally came true! I couldnt believe that I was actually going to manage my bhoy hood heroes! I began to make my way to lennoxtown to be unveiled as the new Celtic manager to succeed Neil Lennon who had stepped down, So many thoughts running through my head, so many feelings. Driving through I had already began to plan in my head who was staying and who was going, also identifying my potential transfer targets.
The boards expectations was for me to bring to title home to paradise! However my own expectation was to win the treble in my first season in charge. I was given a budget of £5million to start off with.

Time to meet the media:
View attachment 216872
SSN: How do you feel being appointed the new manager of Celtic Football Club?
Montgomery: I am estatic, I cant wait to get started and get the season underway.

SSN: Do you feel your lack of experience in management will be a problem?
Montgomery: No, I feel that I will have what it takes to do well for Celtic, I will show in the coming weeks exactly why I was given this opportunity.

SSN: Having been given a large transfer budget will you be looking to bring in new faces to your squad?
Montgomery: Yes, I will be looking to strengthen in defence and also I am wanting to bring in a quality and experienced goalkeeper.

SSN: It is rumored that Beram Kayal is attracting interest from several clubs, are you looking to keep hold of him?
Montgomery: Absolutely, Beram will be a key player in my team, and you dont find many players of his quality these days to just let go on the cheap.

SSN: Lastly, who do you think will win the SPL this season?
Montgomery: Only one answer here, Celtic.

SSN: Thank you for your time!

Transfers

OUT:

Badir El Kaddouri -
Loan cancelled, I feel he is surplus to requirements
Cha du ri -
I feel that he does not have enough quality to be part of my plans as I look to take Celtic forwardGlenn Loovens - His lack of consistancy and numerous mistakes over the years has led to him getting the axe
Giorgios Samaras - His laziness, lack of goalscoring results in him not being able to play a part in my team
Daniel Majstorovic - Surplus to requirements
Paul George (Loan) - Great youngster with a bright future at the club
Filip Twardzik (Loan) - Another great prospect for the club
Patrik Twardzik (Loan) - Good young striker with lots of ability

IN:
James Tomkins -
Good, young centre back who can also play right back. Will be good partner for Thomas Rogne at the heart of the Celtic defence
Timo Hildebrand -
Experience goalkeeper who will tighten up the defence, also had experience in champions league and europa league
Frederico Mancheda (Loan) -
Brought in for cover for Gary Hooper
Johnathan Dos Santos (Loan) -
Brought in for back-up to boost numbers in midfield

View attachment 216868View attachment 216869View attachment 216870View attachment 216871

Pre season friendlies to follow...

The friendlies began, it finally sunk in that I was the Celtic manager. My first encounter was an away match against Partick Thistle, of which we ran out 1-0 winners with Ki scoring the only goal of the match.

View attachment 216951

Next match was a away tie to an unknown team called Medjimurje. The bhoys attacked from the off, and deservingly left with a comfortable 4-0 victory with all the goals coming from Bangura.

View attachment 216956
After successful back to back victories in my first few matches in charge of Celtic, I faced a daunting task away to Zagreb. The bhoys led 2-0 going into half-time through goals from Kris Commons and Anthony Stokes. Zagreb then pulled a goal back quickly after half time before several minutes later Scott Brown extending the lead again. It was a quick fire double aswell by Paddy McCourt netting just 3minutes later. Ki finished off the scoring 19mins from time resulting in a 5-1 thumping!

View attachment 216958

Last friendly before the season begins was an away trip to Albion Rovers. Kris Commons scored the only goal of the match which resulted in a 1-0 win.

View attachment 216960

Now its time for business, the season is about to begin...

View attachment 216998 After a great pre-season, winning all encounters it was time to play the games that really matter, the SPL season was set to begin. After being at the club for a month now, I chose my Captain and Vice-Captain for the forthcoming season. Scott Brown will lead the team for the season, his determination and leadership on the pitch was the reasoning behind my appointment. Joe Ledley was announced as the clubs vice-captain as I feel that he can step up to fill the boots of Brown if he is injured/suspended. View attachment 216961 It had arrived, my first real test. Nerves had reached a new level and my emotions were running high. It was an away day to Easter Road to face Hibernian. Ususally I would be attending as a fan but not today, ill be in the dugout! I spent hours tinkering around my line-up and finally came a decision. I had to shuffle it about a bit with Mark Wilson being injured and Scott Brown suspended, this allowed debuts for Hildebrand, Tomkins and youngster Adam Matthews. Also new loan signings Frederico Mancheda and Jonathan Dos Santos could debutise by making an apperance from the bench along with Bangura and Wanyama. Having been asked before the game who I thought would be favourites for the league title I quite confidently replied with Celtic. After Rangers running out winners against Hearts, there was pressure on me to succeed from the start, I had to do it, not for me but for the fans! View attachment 216999 Hibernian vs Celtic The match began with Hibs having the majority of play and creating more chances however with Celtics first real attack in the match resulted in Gary Hooper open the scoring and what proved to be decisive on the 38th minute. Celtic then started the second half brightly with Hooper heading over from point blank range, which nearly proved a huge mistake when debutant Hildebrand pulled off a top class save from a Gary O'Connor volley from the edge of the area which was driving towards the top corner! Hibs could have levelled with five minutes to go with Ivan Sproule one on one with the Celtic goalkeeper before dragging the ball wide of the mark, the full time whistle was a breath of fresh air for Montgomery's men who were holding on come the end of the match. Tomkins had a solid debut resulting in him recieving the man of the match award. View attachment 216975 After sealing a great away win for the start of my managerial career I was aiming to continue this on when the bhoys travelled north to face a strong Aberdeen side who drew this first game of the season. Aberdeen is always a tough place to go, however I feel confident that my players can leave happily with a victory. After winning the opening game of the season I decided to stick with the same starting line up with Brown and Wilson still unavailable. Aberdeen vs Celtic The game beganwith Celtic starting brightly creating several chances, before opening the scoring after 30mins with Gary Hooper, Celtic should have double there lead five minutes later however the goal was ruled off side, wrongly I feel. Aberdeen levelled before the break and the match had been equal until Kris Commons put Celtic back infront before missing another great chance. Osbourne levelled for Aberdeen with 13minutes to go, but Celtic dug deep and 8minutes from time Anthony Stokes put the Bhoys 3-2, which many though would have been the deciding factor in the match. Shockingly it wasnt, Aberdeen had a corner into the second minute of added time, the ball was whipped in at pace and caused a catastrophe in the Celtic box with the ball pinballing off everyone before landing to Robert Milsom to slot home with no time left on the clock, resulting in the match finishing 3-3. This was devasting for Montgomery as he felt his side should have won the match quite confidently especially after having a perfectly fine goal chopped off. View attachment 216995 Four points from six in my opening two games seems a reasonable start, defence needs to tighten up to make sure that the team start to progress and move on. View attachment 216996 The fourth qualifying round draw had eventually came round, a win in this will enter us into the group stages of the Europa League. After no european football last season at parkhead, I needed to qualify! The draw began, several names had came out then eventually out came Celtic, we got drawn against FC Sheriff from Moldova. View attachment 216997
After not having much knowledge of this team I sent my scounts out to get a report, and they returned with information which I feel is very positive towards Celtic progressing into the next round of the competition. I aim to have comfortable wins both home and away, even with Celtics poor away record in european competitions, which I hope I can improve on! View attachment 216998
Back to business in the domestic league. I was set to live the dream by having my first home match against Dundee United at Paradise(Celtic Park), I am hoping to get back on track with a comfortable win and push towards the top of the premier league. With Scott Brown returning from suspension I shuffled the team around bringing Brown into the starting line up dropping Charlie Mulgrew and slotting Joe Ledley into the left back role. View attachment 217001 Celtic vs Dundee United Before the match kicked off I was introduced to the brilliant Celtic support, which I was applauded and name was chanted out aswell. Celtic started brightly, with McCourt quickly getting into the match running rings round Dixon, the Dundee United left back, before zipping a shot wide across goal. 10minutes into the match, McCourt needed to be stretchered off the park after a rash tackle from hard-man Gary Kenneth. Commons send the Celtic 1-0 up creating an astouding atmosphere within Parkhead, before 5minutes later, Gary Hooper was hauled to the ground from Dixon resulting in a penalty, which was calmly placed into the net by Ki. The second half was dull, with no side creating much chancesl. Commons was named man of the match after a mesmorising first half performance. View attachment 217002 After a great team display against Dundee United only one player made the team of the week, left back Joe Ledley. Even a mind-blowing Kris Commons performance wasnt enough get grab himself a place. View attachment 217006 After getting another three points in the league it was time for Celtic to compete in the continent with the first leg against FC Sheriff in the Europa League. View attachment 217007 Paddy McCourt was ruled out for 6/7weeks after coming off injured against Dundee United, resulting in the team being changed again. Mark Wilson also returned from injury replacing Kelvin Wilson in the starting line up. James Forrest is brought in to take over from McCourt giving the youngster the chance to cement his place in the first team. View attachment 217008 Celtic vs FC Sheriff A mesmorising performance from Celtic, really outplayed their opponents with fast flowing football. The match started even with Celtic having the majority of the ball before Scott Brown heading home from 7yards to put the Bhoys ahead just on the half hour mark. The second half was the Gary Hooper show who netted a Double Hat-trick showing real quality with each finish. This puts Celtic in the driving seat heading into the second leg away to Moldova.The Celtic fans showed their appreciation towards the team, with chanting and singing Celtic anthems, as the game ended. The supporters seemed to be estatic that they will be going on european tour as they feel that their team already have one foot in the group stages draw. more to follow...

Last edited:
any one able to help why the layouts changed? and why the images arent appearing?

Back