Celtic keen on Bellamy loan move

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 957

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Celtic open discussions with Manchester City and Craig Bellamy over a loan switch for the Welsh striker.

More...

Aye he was so good last time /sarcasm. Nah in all reality he would batter the goals in in the SPL

The only thing I remember about last time was that his "sore knee" wouldnt allow him to play on our "cracking" plastic pitch...wimp

Hopefully this goes through but I would've rather seen a new centre back come in.

Celtic's side is the weakest it's been in years, spending £50k p/w + on his wages really isn't going to help them out much, sure in the league he will bang the goals in but if they ever want to be a force in Europe again they need to bring in good players rather than average players with big price tags. Starting with a solid centre back.

Bellamy could finish top scorer but Celtic still won't win the league because there defence will let goals in left right and center. Lennon will be out off a job by xmas

Celtic's side is the weakest it's been in years, spending £50k p/w + on his wages really isn't going to help them out much, sure in the league he will bang the goals in but if they ever want to be a force in Europe again they need to bring in good players rather than average players with big price tags. Starting with a solid centre back.

Bellamy is a quality player, fair enough the rest of the team is average.

Goalkeeper -- WEAK; need another good goalkeeper behind Zaluska, if he gets injured, there's no replacement behind Cervi.
Defense -- WEAK; Generally has been for a while, we NEED more good players here.
Midfield -- OK; Not strong, but not weak either.
Attack -- GOOD; Although it's not spectacular, we don't need more players here.

I don't know why Lennon doesn't realize this. I don't think we need another striker, even though Bellamy is quality. We need experience in goal and strength in defense more than we need firepower right now. =/

I find this odd.

I assumed the reason that Robbie Keane's loan wasn't extended was because you couldn't afford the wages, yet now you're looking to loan Bellamy, who can't earn much more/less than Keane.

Would be a good signing as he was one of the best players at city last year when fit, but as i said in another thread i would rather not have him if it meant that we didnt strengthen at the back

Would love to have him but its no use if you leak goals like a siv.

Odd, I though Celtic had enough strikers, they just spent 2m+ on Hooper and have Sameras,Fortune,Rasmusson and Bellamy on 50k+ wages?

I would have thought a keeper would be on his list,clearly this is for shirt sales commercial purposes.

he would tear up the SPL. But we must use our money on defenders FFS.

hope he comes though:)

Everybody on here cna see where our main problems are I just hope the people who can do something about it can see.

no neil !

you need at least two center backs

not bellemy

Back