Celtic Middle of 1st season.

• Thread starter Thread starter coolguyrko
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 817

coolguyrko

Reaction score
I've posted this on the deal of no deal thread but I havnt got a response yet but I need an answer ASAP as I have to make a choice as weather I should sing this players or cancel it.

Im in Jan 2011 with Celtic.Ive currently decided that I will be selling Samaras and Rassmusen.Leaving me with Stokes,Hooper and Murphy up front with Commons also being able to play there.Currently I am only playing 1 striker tho next season I may play 2.Now it is looking likley that Christian Benitez will be signing on a free at the end of his contract in the summer but I will prob look to let murphy go in summer to raise some extra cash if needs be.So I need a back up here are my choices.

Jay Rodriguez
Team managing: Celitc
Team Selling: Burnley
Fee: End of contact (To arrive in the summer)
Role: Backup
or
Rob Earnshaw
Team managing: Celtic
Team Selling: Nottingham Forrest
Role: Back up

Also I will be looking to sell both keepers and Forster will go back to Newcastle when his loan finishes.Im hoping to get Enyeama on a free when his contact expires in the summer.Also I will be getting boucher when his contact expires in the summer as my third choice keeper but I will need a decent back up to enyeama so who should I get?

Kirean Westwood
Team Selling: Coventry
or
Mattew Gilks
Team Selling: Blackpool

Was going threw players who had 6 months left on there contact and found West Broms new signing.
Gareth McAuley.Is he any good because I might sign him at the end of his contract if he is.

Also any suggestion for the team.I might need a new RB The club had transfer listed Hinkel before I took over but I really want to keep him so I offered him a new contract but he doesnt want to talk about that yet so I fear I may lose him to Dortmund.They havnt offered him a contract yet but they are interested.Does anyone know who I should sign if they do get him before I can offer him a new contract.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Sorry I just realised wrong place.Can someone move it to the Who should I buy/sell section.Sorry again.

Last edited:
Buy Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for a keeper.

For striker - Try get Tardelly, Lenny Nangis, Sanogo or Yannis Tafer.

I have a lot of young players in all positions pm if you want me to send you a list.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Davide Santon is out of contract at the end of season 2010/2011 get him for RB or Danilo

Well I dont want to have to pay for these players as they will rarley get to play and as far as I know Sanogo would cost me my entire budget and I was never impressed by the others.I might yet go for smithies tho Westwood is looking good.I know most of the young talent in the game I just want to pick up some Free transfers to give my squad depth.
Ive already tried santon he didnt want to join.Who does Danilo play for?

Last edited:
I would go for Rodriguez ahead of Earnshaw as he is younger and an all round better player. And westwood would be better for a back-up keeper than gilks, and it makes it better that he is free.

I would go for Rodriguez ahead of Earnshaw as he is younger and an all round better player. And westwood would be better for a back-up keeper than gilks, and it makes it better that he is free.
Thanks.

Danilo plays for santos.

Smithies is better than westwood

Back