[CHALLENGE] - Take Darlington up the divisions - (last edit 22/12/2020) -

alyndavies

Reaction score
CLICK THE MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

29/12/2020 - Edit if you download the Darlington / Gibraltar version, I have changed a lot of created players nationalities to Gibraltar, so you can have the triple challenge of Managing Darlington, also managing Gibraltar and trying to get Queen's Park to the Scottish Premiership with 1 manager.

Darlington - The Story so far.

The days of George Reynolds ownership of Darlington FC are now a distant and happily forgotten memory... we look to the future!
In 2013 Darlington FC was liquidated, dropping out of the football league to Northern League Division One, they have now fought back to the Vanarama National League North.

Here the real story begins...

Successful local businessmen Eric Openshaw and his brother Arthur, have sold their sucessful supermarket business, and now they want to enjoy their money, and their retirement.
Eric's first love (other than his wife Vanessa), is Darlington FC.
As lifelong supporter of the team, he has now chosen to invest his time and money into his passion.

Using his millions, he has re-purchased the 25,033 seater Darlington Arena back from Moden Park Rugby Club as a staging point for his ambitions.

Having assembled a strong back room staff, (with probably too many good looking female physios and fitness coaches).
Download the face pack below if you want these players / staff in the game.
As well as a core group of cheap players whose names were designed to generate local and national interest in Darlington, he has selected YOU as the final piece of his master plan. Don't get to excited, your teams not very good to start with.

Your goal? To achieve what George Reynolds could not, and lead Darlington up the divisions.

Take your team of has-beens and never-weres up the divisons, while developing the gems in your youth team!

Arthur on the other hand has bought Darlington Town FC, they will be one division below you with the aim of catching you and beating you to the Premiership!

*Simply upload this editor data, and start a new game. I have also included faces for the new characters created so add them to your graphics folder if you wish to use them, instructions included.

Hints and Tips

4-2-4 all out attack works best.
*Edit except against Manchester City who beat me 13 - 4 at home in a cup game!

Use the elder statesmen in the first season, and send your youth players to Queen's Park to play league football in Scotland, remember Queen's Park can also be built to challenge Rangers and Celtic. It's better to play league football in Scotland instead of games in your U23 team.

As your older players retire you need to promote the young players into your team to replace them.

Bury will be massive rivals in season 1, the head to head games will make a huge difference in who goes into the play offs and who gets promoted. If you fail to get promoted expect to be head to head with local rivals Darlington Town FC.

Load the game to Regional Divisions, 1 level below Vanarama North and South

Attachments

• FACE PACK FOR NEW PLAYERS.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
  • DARLINGTON.fmf
    202.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DARLINGTON GIBRALTAR.fmf
    216.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
i've made some changes to the game to make it much harder. - 07/12/2020

More editing done, thankfully I had a few days holiday so managed to make some more edits after testing.

18/12/2020
More balancing edits, and things to make the save challenging.

Added the Darlington / Gibraltar file.
if you download the Darlington / Gibraltar version, I have changed a lot of created players nationalities to Gibraltar, so you can have the triple challenge of Managing Darlington, also managing Gibraltar and trying to get Queen's Park to the Scottish Premiership with 1 manager.