Champions and still sacked

• Thread starter Thread starter Gary67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Gary67

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season with a conf north, part time team. I won the league with a game to spare but got sacked because of bad harmony in the squad. 2 players had been moaning all season about not being in the team even though they were garbage. The 2 players they would have replaced won player of the season and top scorer. I couldn't win, if i played them, then the players dropped moaned that i give in to them. If i told them i couldn't promise first team football, other players disliked the way i treated them. If i told them they would not be playing, i had the whole squad knocking on my door. Is it wrong of me to think of joining another team, nick all their best players and watch them get relegated? :)

Nope, go ahead.. some players conversations need a "go **** yourself and get out of my office" button

The whole "player power" thing on this year's FM is so far off the boil it's ridiculous. IRL in every team you get bad eggs but usually the other players are sensible enough to leave them to it and get on with playing. However on FM, even when this happens, the board still seem to think there's bad harmony and boom you get sacked. A lot of people are losing out on enjoyable saves due to reasons like this and SI need to sort it pronto IMO.

The whole "player power" thing on this year's FM is so far off the boil it's ridiculous. IRL in every team you get bad eggs but usually the other players are sensible enough to leave them to it and get on with playing. However on FM, even when this happens, the board still seem to think there's bad harmony and boom you get sacked. A lot of people are losing out on enjoyable saves due to reasons like this and SI need to sort it pronto IMO.

They've added an emphasis on player power, but they haven't implemented anything to help the manager deal with players properly. This just results in every season a bunch of sooks ruining the morale of the side.

I've been having problems with players too. Wayyyyy more than prev FM's. At Chelsea I have Cech moaning, Ivanovic moaning and Costa moaning. Courtois is imperious so can't be dropped, Azpicuerta has the top avg rating in the league and Remy is playing well, scoring goal and has mainly been playing because Costa keeping having injury problems.

You tell them the other guy is playing too well to drop and they always disagree. You can't win!

System needs a tweek I feel.

Just sell any player that continually moans, that should solve the problem. Even if you sell them cheaper than you wanted, you can't have a player disrupting the harmony at the job. Also means you can keep your job which is good.

I've been having problems with players too. Wayyyyy more than prev FM's. At Chelsea I have Cech moaning, Ivanovic moaning and Costa moaning. Courtois is imperious so can't be dropped, Azpicuerta has the top avg rating in the league and Remy is playing well, scoring goal and has mainly been playing because Costa keeping having injury problems.

You tell them the other guy is playing too well to drop and they always disagree. You can't win!

System needs a tweek I feel.

I had a player out for months, he came back and said how he was frustrated at not playing. I told him he'd just come back from a long-term injury and I wasn't rushing him (his condition was below 89 and match fitness way low) and he told me I was talking rubbish and kicked off. The system needs a bit more than a tweak!

Just sell any player that continually moans, that should solve the problem. Even if you sell them cheaper than you wanted, you can't have a player disrupting the harmony at the job. Also means you can keep your job which is good.

I tried that but i couldn't even give them away.

Back