Championship Help.

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkee91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 787

Monkee91

Reaction score
Hi there,

Basically got promoted to Championship with Hartlepool in my first season, my first season in the championship i finished 17th but have next to no money for transfers or wages.

Starting my 2nd season in the Championship and i have 300k to spend and 70k wages, what would you do in my situation? And any good tactical advice for playing in the Championship?

Thanks.

70 k wages is decent, sign free agents and assemble a big squad. The Premiership is where you need a team of quality, lower leagues focusing on having 11 players at 100 % fitness for each game, particularly if you play a style of football that is physically draining for the opposition.

Build a fit young team using youngsters released from bigger clubs and look for solid 30+ Free agents because big clubs will let them go too. Loan a few players from prem reserves and save your transfer money. You may need a couple more seasons to get to the prem or you might get promoted straight off but don't waste money and eventually you'll have enough to make a serious promotion challenge.

put all your transfer budget into wages and just sign frees. Youngsters released from the premiership are probably your main source of players

Getting in quality loaned Strikers is key.
Chris Wood, Macheda and the rest.

Back