Championship Manager

TheHig

Reaction score
what you guys think of it, 07 or the 08 versions, how far behind FM is it ?
I just bought champ man 08 because it was reduced at asda, will be having a little look later.

I did play a little bit of the last CM as I wasn't really too impressed with FM 2008. The match engine of CM was very good and made FM's look very dated. Apart from that though it was still nothing on FM.

I haven't paid any attention to it this year though. I may have to have a look.

basically won eevry league like 8 games before the end, and you can buy fabregas for 30mil a very poor game in my opinion.

i heard it was far too easy aswell, not interested in cm these days always a let down like fifa games

Bare in mind when edious /siga split, Siga kept the base code, and Edoius kept the name, I think Champ man has improved a lot each year, if it keeps improving at this rate it will be a closer match up with FM in a few years.,

I gave up when it was Champ Manager 5. It took too long to load and I really didn't have the patience. So, I converted to FM and never looked back. I don't think I would ever play CM again, so yes, you don't get rid of me just yet :p

Its quick champ, well the 2008 version is it runs faster than FM 2009. I'm wating for champ man 2009 to come out, not out till october for some reason

Its quicker? Really? hmmm...I may retract my previous statement and check it out. Once I've finished my Eastbourne Boro journey of course!

I took Albion Rovers [Scottish 3rd Division] and had them in premiership league in 6 seasons and won the UEFA Cup and Champions League Semis by 9th Season too easy and too much money offered to you.

at the moment the serious is a more casual game than FM, but I still think its halfway decent.

its faster, and fm maye ven have things to learn from them but it doesn't coem even near FM in matters of tactic or anything else. Too easy, not challenging, well nothing to do with FM, now I hope that the next FMs will have an option to go faster, cm database is huge also it just means that in fm they assume we all have state of the art computers.

had to upgrade my pc a fair bit to run fm 2009 well, CM needs about the same spec too. The Tactic and depth side of CM are average at best, no the game does not compare to FM but its better than FIFA Manager lol

I keep defedning the game because its really good, just not to be compared with football manager as its leagues behind now, but I'm expecing the games FM and CM to be closer match years down the line

i use to play it before fm 06 but when i brought cm07 it was too easy you could just buy players for low sums e.g:gerrard 20 mill