JoshOldroyd

Reaction score
Getting battered every week with Leeds, any tactics people have had success with?

I won the championship with Nottingham Forest in FM14. Teams in this competition usually play 4-4-2. So it is good to use for example 3-5-2/5-3-2. Great against teams with flat midfield. There is Louis Van Gaal replication of this tactic for Fm14. I would go for it..

Last edited:
After 4 years absent from FM - Ive also started with Leeds, getting myself loosing by 3 goals every much, ive stopped and started reading the forums.
Anyway ive started all over again using 4-1-2-2-1
2 FB - support
2 CB limited defenders - defend
1 DM - Ball Winning
2 CM - Deep lying PM, Advanced PM
2 Wingers - Inside man
1 Teraquista

Playing short passes , Wide , working ball into box, lower tempo

- trying to play short pass possesion game, most games im earning max possesion - not perfect yet but improving all the time..

All Advices will be welcome..

try my daves tactics might help you out look at my results :)

I've started with Leeds as well and I'd go with one of the wingerles formations, the squad would need A LOT of work for you to play with wide players. I play with a 4-3-1-2 at home (switching to diamond or 4-1-3-2 when trying to preserve a lead) and a 3-4-2-1 (3-4-3DM Fm tells me...) away, unless the opposition plays a lone striker system when I play the diamond.

As a more general tip though, the fluidity setting and the height of your defensive line seem to play a huge part in tactics this year- as do set-pieces. I'd tinker with those to get the best out of your team, I personally reverted to structured/deep d-line settings and finally got some defensive security. Set-pieces are still a problem though, I seem to concede a huge amount and I'm yet to score one myself (18 matches in).

Best tactics to use - Nottingham Forest

I am currently playing with Nottingham Forest and I find that wing play is by far the best tactic. I use the formation of 4-3-3 False nine. Like this: (this is with signings)

Darlow - GK
RB - Gunter - Wing back
CB - Wilson - normal
CB - Chambers - normal
LB - Dixon - Wing back
CDM - Tesche - Half back
CM - Cohen - (Which ever is the best setting for your CM)
CM - Rees - (Which ever is the best setting for your CM)
ST - Veldvijk - False nine
RW - Assombalonga - Inside forward
LW - Antonio - Inside forward

I understand you may not want details on my team but it is the best tactic to use. Also have the team instructions set to:

Clear ball out to flanks
Run at defense
Exploit the wings
Attacking
Rigid

So far I have only lost 1 game to Wigan in the cup. I am sat 1st after 14 games and 7 points clear. Fantastic formation and the use of wingers is really effective. Hope this helps :)