Change if kits as game progresses

ivancannon86

Reaction score
Just sat here on sunday morning thinking to myself and wanted to raise a point, the only thing that id like to change if i could with the whole fm series is putting a function in that every 2 or 3 seasons offers you new kit designs as its bit boring how hypothetically you could play 100 seasons and you still have the same kits you started with. Plus then wenever new kits were released you would have a spike in merchandising as the masses clamber to get the new shirts.

My other thought was what would happen if you got to a long long save and your age in the game was for example 80, would you retire, possibly pass away while still in the job?? Just curious i guess, longest save ive done is like 15 seasons

Don't really care one way or the other on the shirt thing, although with the way clubs fleece fans in the real game, I suppose it'd add realism.

As for the old manager thing... Yeah, I believe there is a forced retirement date but it's like 100 years. Turns out, we're all Alex Ferguson.

I'd love it if in FM 2014 they could actually name specific sponsership companies that are sponsering you, I mean, the names the could even be made up so real life buisness won't sue FM

I was also thinking about this, a lot, especially when playing the last FM(12) I kept wondering if new kits would come. I would love to see this feature added.

About the old manager one.. I'm not sure about it, but If you can play one save for that many seasons, you shouldn't have to quit your save because you pass away :P

I know it does not affect 3d mode but I typically redesign my club's kits for the info screen every time we sign a new main sponsor. I hear you on the merchandise bit, but that is how I have always handled it.

I know it does not affect 3d mode but I typically redesign my club's kits for the info screen every time we sign a new main sponsor. I hear you on the merchandise bit, but that is how I have always handled it.

What do you use to re-design the kits? I've been wanting to do this for a while but no one will tell me what program they use/how they do it! :)

You can do it using the FM2013 editor I believe.

You can do it using the FM2013 editor I believe.

We don't mean that, we mean the pictures of the kits it shows when you go into the club info screen (The kits that are in kit packs on this website)

Oh for that you might be able to get away with downloading a kit pack, and then going more in depth to the folder and replacing the kit pictures with ones that you want. Just make sure the pictures are named the same thing and it should work. *Not tested, just theory made by me :P*

what you can do is download FMRTE and edit the kits from that (assuming your team doesnt have a 3d kit).

Back