Changed kits on FMRTE, and now my team NEVER use away kits.

L0tteh

Reaction score
Hi, just edited the away kits for tottenham, because in the game tottenhams away kit is like full purple, but in real life its a lighter blueish colour. So i changed it, but now for some reason we NEVER use the away kit, but rather the home kit or the third kit. anyone know why?

game uses the most opposite color from opponent with priority on home if that helps

Hi, just edited the away kits for tottenham, because in the game tottenhams away kit is like full purple, but in real life its a lighter blueish colour. So i changed it, but now for some reason we NEVER use the away kit, but rather the home kit or the third kit. anyone know why?

FMRTE isn't good for changing team colours, you are best doing it in the editor, as you could end up with a crash dump or a corrupt save.

My last post was from my phone. Let me try to elaborate.

I changed Venezia's kits to their proper colors in the editor. Black-Home, White-Away, Orange-3rd.

We wore black 90% of the time. That's because all black ("background" is the primary color) usually doesn't conflict with the opponents kits. But sometimes in away games the home team may be primary black, in which case we would go to our all whites. We would only wear orange if opponent had striped black/white kits.

If your case, spurs have white home I believe. At home, you will wear white and the opponent must wear opposite. At an away match, your white kit will clash the least with your opponents dark home kit, so the white kit is chosen over the dark blue.

If you want to wear blue more often, make it the home kit. Or you could make alternate pants colors for both home and away (home/away kits with both blue and white shorts). This usually clears up any confliction with opponent and it significantly varies your kits.

This never happened to me with FM2012 and its FMRTE, but it is now happening with FM2014 and FMRTE 14.3.1, and interestingly, exactly with Unione Venezia. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Edit: it might be important to note that before my fiddling with the kits, my team used the away kit almost always when they couldn't use the home kit. Now they never use the away kit anymore, always the third kit. I tried all I could, but I can't figure out why.