Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsteve

Arte et labore
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I notcied Kris has a thread going where managers are changed using FMRTE... ive not used the editor much myself and ive been looking at how you do that and i cant see how.. All i can find is making there contracts expire.. or swapping them.. but then if you want to just Add a Certain manager and make the other one unemplyed how on earth can you do this?? Is it possible?? Can anyone help??

Making the deal expire is probably your best bet !

You can only swap them.

Me and Kris ahve been using a dummy club or a dummy manager in this situation.

So if Man Utd want to appoint manager X who is unemployed, all you do is go to the staff screen and swap Fergie with manager X, this makes Fergie unemployed and Manager X takes over at OT.

If Man Utd want to appoint manager Y who is at Chelsea, obviously the swap button wont work as Fergie will get moved to Chelsea. In this case you need a 3rd manager, manager Z. Use unknown or poor managers so as not to affect the game.

Swap manager Z and Y, making Y unemployed and Z in charge at Chelsea.
Then swap manager Y and Fergie, making Fergie unemployed and Y manager of Man Utd.
All thats left to do is make the contract of manager Z expire at Chelsea so they are left without a manager.

total guess here but what would happen if you swapped the 2 managers. would the unemployed one take over the club and the one at the club became unemployed?

You can only swap them.

Me and Kris ahve been using a dummy club or a dummy manager in this situation.

So if Man Utd want to appoint manager X who is unemployed, all you do is go to the staff screen and swap Fergie with manager X, this makes Fergie unemployed and Manager X takes over at OT.

If Man Utd want to appoint manager Y who is at Chelsea, obviously the swap button wont work as Fergie will get moved to Chelsea. In this case you need a 3rd manager, manager Z. Use unknown or poor managers so as not to affect the game.

Swap manager Z and Y, making Y unemployed and Z in charge at Chelsea.
Then swap manager Y and Fergie, making Fergie unemployed and Y manager of Man Utd.
All thats left to do is make the contract of manager Z expire at Chelsea so they are left without a manager.

and to do this on the fmrte go to team staff page and right click on manager, a menu will apper giving you an option to swap with another staff member. then you type in what staff member you want to swap with. they will then swap clubs/unemployment.

note: you can only swap staff with same job role. i.e. if your man united you couldn't swap mourinho with mike phelan so you got a mint assistant, it wont work because they have different job roles

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

although, you could make mourinho your assistant my swapping him with an unemployed manager, when he's unemployed change his roles on fmrte, put manager down to 1 and assistant manager to 20.
go back in game and continue. then go back to fmrte onto your club staff, right click on your assistant and swap with mourinho. simples

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

if you fancy an international job you can do this too. right click on manager e.g capello (on the england staff screen on fmrte) swap, type in your manager name. hey presto you are now manager of england, and you haven't lost your club job, capello will just be unemployed. (i've done this so it defo works)

if your a numpty and went to your staff screen, right clicked on you and swapped with capello then you will soon find youself unemployed and capello has kept his job and taken yours

Thanks for the reply guys... i thought about the 3 manager swap.. but i thought there would have been an easier way.. guess not.. Thanks anyways :)

Sorry for bumping this thread but, how does it work for managers of national teams?
For example: I'm managing Chelsea and I also want to manage England, how do I do that?

if you fancy an international job you can do this too. right click on manager e.g capello (on the england staff screen on fmrte) swap, type in your manager name. hey presto you are now manager of england, and you haven't lost your club job, capello will just be unemployed. (i've done this so it defo works)

if your a numpty and went to your staff screen, right clicked on you and swapped with capello then you will soon find youself unemployed and capello has kept his job and taken yours

Status
Not open for further replies.