god7father

Reaction score
If you change the role of a player in a tactic will it change the tactic's effectiveness? In my case I have some very good tactics that I downloaded some of them require my strikers to play the complete forward or advanced forward roles. I have very good poachers so I change the duty as they are not good as CF or AF will this effect the tactic or make it more effective because I using players in their proper roles?

I doubt it will make a major difference to the fluidity and chemistry of your team, and even if it does then it will only be a minor thing; which can be re-trained again any way.

In terms of you thinking "will it make the tactic less likely to succeed?" then (personally) I feel that taking other people's tactics is a shallow way to play the game, and that you should build your own tactics any way. If you spend your entire time on Football Manager using other people's shortlists, tactics, etc then it kills off part of the fun of the game.
Learn to change those tactics to make them even better suited for your team. Experiment with those tried-and-tested tactics, and see how each change fares for you.

It depends. If you are using tactics that aims to beat the match engine and not the opponent, then the slightest change can make the tactic less effective.