stefanp05

Reaction score
So, i'm playing with a 4-5-1 which is good for home domestic games gets me wins 90% of the time, and i've just found a decent away tactic and a European one, now though i went to Arsenal with my Away one and they thrashed me 4-0. My question is this A- should i be changing tactics nearly every game albeit they are a similar shape/formation B- Is there a need for 3 tactics for continued success? ideally for me i'd like to have one tactic for home games domestic and European then another to use against strong teams when i'm playing away, this while playing a possesion style play is it possible? Any help greatly appreciated.

So, i'm playing with a 4-5-1 which is good for home domestic games gets me wins 90% of the time, and i've just found a decent away tactic and a European one, now though i went to Arsenal with my Away one and they thrashed me 4-0. My question is this A- should i be changing tactics nearly every game albeit they are a similar shape/formation B- Is there a need for 3 tactics for continued success? ideally for me i'd like to have one tactic for home games domestic and European then another to use against strong teams when i'm playing away, this while playing a possesion style play is it possible? Any help greatly appreciated.

There is no " need" to use more than 2 Tactics but if one likes the idea Of micromanaging, looking at the flow Of the game and put in an effort to analyze things, then one Will be rewarded.

Have à look in this thread as how I use " sets" Of tactics
where 2 are possession based and 2 are Counter based.Never mind the formation etc, just look at the reasoning behind each approach as inspiration.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tter-half%B4s-352-diamond-set-4-versions.html

I always like to use 2 tactics - one attacking and 1 counter, but having 3 should be handy if none of the previous is working.

Also, having different tactics should help you dodge injury problems, since subs don't have the same quality as the 1st team players. Imagine that you play the same kind of tactic roles while having to change from an injured Messi to Huntelaar? Not saying that the 2nd one is bad, but it will not score as many as the 1st one, so a more cautious approach should prevent you from losing.