• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 903
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanaro

Reaction score
Is it possible for this forum to support a chat feature for it's members?

I have a lot of fun on other forums with chat features as we often just shoot the breeze and have a place to quickly talk about the events of a game.

Is this something FM base has ever looked into? The only downside is that I'm sure some people will get their panties in a wad and it will be hard to moderate the content. Perhaps only donors would be allowed to chat.

Thoughts, comments?

Yeah, most of us use IRC to chat with members. However, you could just add people on MSN or something like that.

I've spoken to Sean about a possible live chatbox type thing that other forums have, but due to a number of reasons, FM-Base will not have one, probably due to the fact there's close to 250,000 members.

Use the IRC link provide, it's usually dull on there, but from the 30 days I used it, was good banter and fun, Dunc usually livens up the place, just don't use the IMDB! thingy a lot, otherwise people will hate you for it.

Yeah, most of us use IRC to chat with members. However, you could just add people on MSN or something like that.

I've spoken to Sean about a possible live chatbox type thing that other forums have, but due to a number of reasons, FM-Base will not have one, probably due to the fact there's close to 250,000 members.

Use the IRC link provide, it's usually dull on there, but from the 30 days I used it, was good banter and fun, Dunc usually livens up the place, just don't use the IMDB! thingy a lot, otherwise people will hate you for it.

which is why I suggested a donors only chat room. It would encourage more people to donate (me included) and keep the number of users down.

I would love it but I think it may cause major problesm for the server due to the number of Active members FM-Base has

What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back