Cheap laptop help...

• Thread starter Thread starter Henry8597
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5K

Henry8597

Reaction score
I need a new laptop to play fm13 as I've had the current one for 5 years now and its very slow, I have a maximum of £300 to spend, any suggestions are appriciated

To be fair for 300 your not going to get much. Best thing you could do is possibly upgrade your own or get a desktop as your not going to get much of a laptop for that price

i couldnt upgrade my current one as ive upgraded it to its maximum capability, I want a laptop though... I could buy a second hand one also if that would make it possible to get a good laptop for that price.

Even second hand dont expect too much unless you can get a factory refurb one. You would get away with a dual core processor but dont expect to run anything other than fm 13 on it. I suggest holding out until you have 450-500 and get a entry level core i3 or i5 laptop and it should run fm for the next few years. Look for at LEAST 4gb ram also. But buying a laptop for just fm is pointless unless you splash the cash for a decent one. A desktop is a far more economical purchase as they can be upgraded much more and can last 3-4 times longer than the life of a laptop

I have an i3 processer Dell at the moment and it doesnt run FM12 that well so I will probably be buying an i5

As someone who builds computer servers as a job, trust me, you won't need more than 4gb of ram. Memory (ram) is cheap, so if you can get 8gb then great, but the thing with ram is, say on average you're using 2gb, there's no need to have say 8 gb than 4gb as if you're not using it, it doesn't help you. I game quite a lot and do a lot of work on mine, and i have 8 gb of ram, have never once used over 4gb so the other 4gb really is useless! Any i3 will be able to run it fine, I have mates who run the last FM on old dual-core pcs fine. Maybe just try playing with less leagues activated or having some as just "view-only"? If you really need/want to upgrade then i'd advise trying to get a decent i5 processor. All laptop manufacturers will use the same parts in their models, and brands such as sony, hp, toshiba etc are generally good.

If you want, you could always just wipe your drive and start again, and see how a fresh install copes!

Thanks. I found a lenovo with i5 processor and 8gb ram for 350 so ill probably purchase this soon, thanks for your help.

I got a Toshiba Satalite a few months ago it's ok it has an intel core 1.3 processor which for FM is fine you can get one now for about 250 pounds. You don't want to buy a laptop that is anything lower than a 1.3 processor as it will be slow. I would go with a Sony Vaio laptop which you can get on amazon for about 300 they are the best laptops for a great proce my mate got one and I wish I had got that instead of the Satalite.

I decided to go a bit overboard and buy a desktop computer off Overclockers UK for £1,200 with a 4.2GHZ i7 processer which i would recomend to anybody who want a top gaming pc.

Back