Chelsea 5-2-2-1 WB

FS09

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and as my first post I wanted to share my tactics that I use with Chelsea. I'm currently in my first season but the results have been amazing. I've implemented a 5-2-2-1 WB formation with a control mentality for home games or games against small teams, and a counter mentality for away games against big teams or teams who play possession football. I also use the counter tactic occasionally if I'm defending a 1 goal lead at home against bigger teams.

This tactic really brings the best out of my attack and defence. I've only conceded 10 goals in the league and David Luiz is averaging above 7.80. My attack isn't as potent as I'd like it to be yet, however, Costa and Hazard have both had lengthy injuries (played 8 and 11 games each, respectively) and I decided in the summer window not to make any signings. I did, however, sign Victor Bueno (AMC, Advanced Playmaker) for £10 million in January (tremendous signing), as well as Kasper Dolberg from Ajax for £25 million. Despite the injuries, my attack has still been extremely strong. Willian has so far bagged 16 goals in the league for me, while many of my midfielders have 5+ goals. Batshuayi has also grabbed 12 goals for me and Dolberg gets me the occasional goal too.

Check out the pics and try the tactics yourself if you'd like and lemme know how it goes. I hope they can help!

Edit: Just to clarify, the line ups in the pictures are not my full strength teams. Up front, I usually have Batshuayi, in midfield Matic-Kante in a counter team, Kante-Fabregas in a control, in AM, usually Victor Bueno left - Willian right, defence is usually Azpilicueta instead of Zouma, with Moses RWB
View attachment 89021View attachment 89020View attachment 89019View attachment 89018View attachment 89017

Last edited: