Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United & Manchester City

MartijnFR89

Reaction score
Earlier this year I started with a top 6 save unfortunately that game did not work anymore but now i’m trying again using the 2.0 update. I set the expectation of all six clubs to winners because I like a challenge and I like to have the most of the budget.

I start off with Arsenal:
When I looked at the Arsenal Selection I saw lots of player who were loaned out or badly injured: Arshavin, Bendtner, Ryo Miyaichi and Vela are loaned out. Those are players I consider to be good back-up players.
Further I regret that I have these injuries at Arsenal:
Thomas Vermaelen 4 to 5 months
Abou Diaby 4 to 6 months
Jack Wilshere 8 to 10 months

With the starting date set at 13-06-2011
Vermaelen will be out till October/November so till then I’m keeping him in reserves and not register him for Europe at first.
Abou Diaby will be out till October/December so till then I’m keeping him in reserve’s and not register him for Europe at first.
Jack Wilshere will be out till February/April so when I finally can play him the season is nearly over so he will not be registered.

For European registration there are at least 8 players who are required to be trained in land whom at least 4 of them are trained at club.
With Ramsey and Chamberlain trained in land and Gibbs, Jenkinson, Song, Djourou, Walcott and Szczesny trained at club I have the 8 players to register for Europe competitions.

With 68 million euro to spend I will be looking for a centre back and central attacking midfielder.
This is the current squad of 25 for Arsenal.
View attachment 241124

Chelsea:
The basic quality is high at Chelsea only the players who need to be registered for use in Europe aren’t. I also have the bad luck that players that could be fine back up players and would be nice for registration are loaned out like McEachran, Bruma and Kakuta. Further I miss Michael Essien due to an injury that will take him out for about 8 to 9 months what means he will be fit in February/March.

With all that There also comes that I have to face a low budget. With only 7 million euro to spend on new players the chances for first team players is low but I can always search for cheap talents as back up. Specially on centre midfield I would like some fresh players.

For the European registration I have Baker, Terry, Blackman and Chalobah as trained at club players and for In nation I have Sturridge, Cahill, Cole and Lampard.

Here you see the selection t hat I will be working with before I signed anyone:
View attachment 241125

Liverpool:

When I look at the Liverpool selection I see quality with still some points of improvements.
The budget that is given to me is 12,75 million what is not much for real quality players but still enough to let me have good signings.

For the European registration (maybe not this season but maybe I’ll qualify this season so it’s always wise to know who you should keep in your squad) this are the four trained in nation Shelvey, Carroll, Downing and Johnson. The four players who are trained at the club are Robinson, Kelly, Gerrard and Carragher.

To Boest some money I have Skrtel and Aurélio in the reserve team to load them off. I am glad that at Liverpool no key player is harshly injured (Gerrard 2 to 3 months but then he only misses the start of the campaign and not half a season so on him I can count.) I do miss the loaned out Cole and Aquilani because those are players who in the wide of the selection could be very useful.

I’ll try to work with this selection below:
View attachment 241126

Manchester City

The place where money is the limit and 70 million can be spend on new players.
For European registration these are 4 player trained in nation: Hart, Lescott, Clichy and Barry. Trained at club are Richards, Halsall, Hutton and Bunn

It is too bad for registration that players like Boyata, Johnson and Weiss are loaned out because those players are not the best but good back up players and the registration problems would be solved. Further big names like Adebayor and Santa Cruz are loaned out at most clubs those players would be nice back up but at Manchester City those players has no value.

With 70 million euro to spend Manchester City will be looking for right wingers.

This is the current squad:
View attachment 241127

Manchester United

The squad of United is good, but with the long term injury of Rafael there is a bit of a right back problem so I am trying to get a new right back for United with a budget of 21 million euro. Further not much special in the reserve team, or it must be that I am trying to offload Park Ji-Sung. Rafael is out 5 to 6 months which means his return would be set in November/December so that he could play the second half of the competition.

For European football the players need to be registered and with Giggs, Scholes, Rooney and Cleverley United has 4 players trained at club the players trained at nation are Ferdinand, Young, Jones and Carrick.

Here is the selection without any transfers been made yet:
View attachment 241128

Tottenham Hotspur

When I first looked at spurs I saw lots of injuries my first pick for central defend: Gallas/King both out 3 till 4 months so that they are ready near September / October. Further I miss Rose and Sandro for the same period. I have those 4 still in my selection because I hope they will recover sooner near September then October.

Further when I looked at the reserve squad I saw that Corlluka, Pienaar, Bassong and Jenas are loaned out. I think those players could still have been useful for back up.

I have 19 milion to spend due to the most injuries of the central defenders I want to sign a good central defender.

This is the selection
View attachment 241129

Transfers and Pre-Season are ahead ....

looking forward to this! should be a quality game

will you have any favourtism?

I do not have any favourtism I am a Feyenoord (Dutch club) fan, i do find Liverpool a cool club because the crowd reminds me to Feyenoord. But no I will not try to make the one team stronger then another. Ill try to get the best out off all and see how they match up.

First Transfers:

Liverpool has signed Adem Maher from AZ Alkmaar
With Steven Gerrard, Suso and Jonjo Shelvey as central attacking midfielders I felt the gap between the 3 was to wide. Personally I am a big fan of the talent Maher and since I’m from Holland I can see why he can be used as good back up. The assistant trainer rates him 4 stars as being a big talent. With Gerrard out injured a lot I have now this youngster to back up that position.
View attachment 241170

Arsenal has signed a big German Talent:
He was very important last season for Dortmund when they got the German title, this central attacking midfielder who also can play from the left side is now going to shine at Arsenal. He is a kind of player who fits in the Arsenal way of playing.
View attachment 241171

Arsenal signed talented defender:
The defence is always a weakness at Arsenal, to help Arsenal getting better in the back Matteo Musacchio is signed from Villareal. The 20-year old defender has a lot of prospect and can be a real asset for Arsenal.
View attachment 241172

Chelsea signed youngster for the future:
The young Italian talented midfielder Marco Verratti changed Pescara for Chelsea at Chelsea he hopes to develop his talents. Marco Verratti time will tell you if this move will be a good one.
View attachment 241173

Manchester City turns green has the Hulk is marching in
The Brazilian winger/striker Hulk has trade Porto for Manchester City and he is eager to bulk in goals like he had done by FC Porto.
View attachment 241174

van der Wiel will he succeed at Manchester United?
With Rafael injured and no real right back in the selection Manchester United wanted a right back how can pull off world class on right back. van der Wiel impressed much football fans with his performances at world cup 2010 and it was only waiting until he would be playing at a big European club and now that waiting has come to an end.
View attachment 241175

Belgium quality signs for Spurs
With loads of injuries in the defence spurs was in search for quality and they found that quality. Jan Vertonghen has been signed from Ajax, he is known for his good defense and even better building up attacks from the back. The fans welcomed him with open arms.
View attachment 241176

Second Transfers:

Manchester City signs Montolivo
Riccardo Montolivo is a creative centre midfielder, each year being linked to a top club he stayed loyal to Fiorentina but now he left Fiorentina to shine at Manchester City.
View attachment 241178

Young German talent joins Spurs
Sebastian Maier a 17 year old central attacking midfielder from 1860 Munich has been signed for his big talent. The assistant manager rates his talents as 4 stars, he is a good back up for van der Vaart and Kranjcar.
View attachment 241179

How far ahead are you in the game? Because managing 6 clubs at once looks like a tough job and a long one that is, right?
If you just finished pre-season I think you should wait with developing this story as it would go rather slow and now you can put out 1 or 2 posts a day and keep on continueing with the seasons.

I really do look forward seeing this, though! I'll be looking in this feature now and see if it any fun.

Thanks.

PS: AJAX AMSTERDAM FTW! KAMPIOENEN.

Haha alright well I just play as I wright along now I am tuning the tactic with players before I go into pre-season. I'll post when I think something happens worth talking about.

and PS: The TRUE football fan in Holland is a Feyenoorder, winning or losing always behind the squad!

You could even do a update every month, though that would be a lot of work. Maybe try to do them every transferwindow, so while/end of the summerwindow and in January for the winterwindow. Most of the writers here use that tactic and it works quite well.

Are you holidaying games or playing them yourself?

You could even do a update every month, though that would be a lot of work. Maybe try to do them every transferwindow, so while/end of the summerwindow and in January for the winterwindow. Most of the writers here use that tactic and it works quite well.

Thanks and good suggestion I think I will just play the game a long and post every thing I come across ;). And about the tactics I like to just try some on my own and see if they work out.

Are you holidaying games or playing them yourself?

I play everything myself and to keep the games between the squads I use equal I always substitute the lowest ranked player from both teams at half time a second sub at the hour mark and the last a quarter before stopping time.

Pre Season:
In Pre Season I always play my First halfs with my First picks and my second half with my second/third picks.
Pre Seaons starts for Tottenham Hotspur without 4 injured players:

• William Gallas
  • Ledley King
  • Danny Rose
  • Sandro
The line up is:

Gomes
Walker, Nelson, Vertonghen and Assou-Ekotto
Parker and Modric
Lennon, van der Vaart and Bale
Adebayor

Tottenham Hotspur – SL Benfica
After a nice combination van der Vaart finds Modric who sets up Adebayor with a through ball. Adebayor diverts the ball in to the short corner
1-0 Emmanuel Adebayor 33th minute

Substitutions Half time:
Friedel out, Cudicini in
Walker out, Kaboul in
Nelsen out, Dawson in
Vertonghen out, Yeboah in (from the -18)
Assou-Ekotto out, Day in (from the -18)
Paker out, Huddlestone in
Modric out, Livermore in (from the reserves)
Lennon out, Dos Santos in
Van der Vaart out, Kranjcar in
Bale out, Townsend in
Adebayor out, Saha in

Second half:
Across from Huddlestone gives Kranjcar the opportunity to score, the keeper makes a save but let the ball loose. Louis Saha pops up to score the rebound.
2-0 Louis Saha 57th​ minute

After a Deep Ball Yaboah mistakes himself in the speed of Djalo, now he is through Cudicini from his line and with a lovely Chip it is in.
2-1 Djalo 86th​ minute
A corner 3rd​ minute of extra time and Yaboah makes a dumb foul and the referee points to the penalty spot. Oliveira takes it, Cudicini to the right corner but its in.
2-2 Nélson Oliveira 93rd​ minute Penalty
View attachment 241273

The firstpre season match for Chelsea is on the agenda.

Chelsea hasto play without 2 injured players:
- PetrCech
- JoséBosingwa
This is theline up:

Hilário
Ivanovic,Terry, Cahill and Cole
Sturridge,Ramires, Lampard, Meireles and Mata
Torres

America –Chelsea
It is acorner to Chelsea and is going to be taken by Mata. And there is the headerfrom Ivanovic, kicked of the goal line. But there is the rebound for Terry andhe places it between the goalie and the defender on the goal line.
0-1 JohnTerry 11th​ minute

A crossfrom Torres headed away, corner. The corners from Mata are dangerous this gameand now turned lethal. The cross comes Ivanovic get ahead of his marker andheads hit in the near corner.
0-2Branislav Ivanovic 19th​ minute

Halftime

Halftime Substitutions:
Hilárioout, Blackman in
Ivanovicout, Ferreira in (from the reserves)
Terry out,Luiz in
Cahill out,Chalobah in
Cole out,Bertrand in
Ramiresout, Mikel in
Lampardout, Verratti in
Meirelesout, Romeu in
Sturridgeout, Kalou in
Mata out,Malouda in
Torres out,Drogba in

Second Half

Bertrandtrows the ball to Verratti, he opens himself with one swift move. After thatmove he places the ball high in the 16 yard box. Kalou pops up for his markerand heads the ballin to the near corner.
[FONT=&quot]0-3 Salomon Kalou 55th​minute
View attachment 241296

The first pre season match for Manchester United
Manchester United misses 2 players due to injury:
  • Darren Fletcher
  • Michael Owen
This is the line up:
de Gea
van der Wiel, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra
Nani, Carrick, Scholes and Young
Rooney and Hernández

Antwerp FC – Manchester United

Van der Wiel crosses the ball low in the sixteen yard box, no one can reach it exept Ashley Young who places the ball in the far corner.
0-1 Ashley Young 22nd​ minute

Halftime

Halftime substitutions:
de Gea out, Lindegaard in
van der Wiel out, Smalling in
Ferdinand out, Jones in
Vidic out, Evans in
Evra out, Fábio in
Carrick out, Anderson in
Scholes out, Cleverley in
Nani out, Valencia in
Young out, Giggs in
Rooney out, Berbatov in
Hernández out, Welbeck in

Second Half

After a nice combination between Fábio and Giggs, Giggs decides to cross the ball. This cross was headed on the bar thanks to defender Djordjic. Then Berbatov, Welbeck and de Smet where fighting over the rebound what came to the feet of Valencia and he scores.
0-2 AntonioValencia 47th​ minute.

A corner from Ryan Giggs leads to a header at the near post, and that header is successfully struck in to the far corner by Smalling.
0-3 Cris Smalling 52nd​ minute

A corner from Valencia, same as with Giggs but this time headed in the near corner. The goalscorer is again: Smalling.
0-4 Cris Smalling 78th​ minute
View attachment 241297

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur is going to play their second pre season match
They have 4 injured players:
  • William Gallas
  • Ledley King
  • Danny Rose
  • Sandro
The line up is:
Friedel
Walker, Nelson, Vertonghen and Assou-Ekotto
Parker and Modric
Lennon, van der Vaart and Bale
Adebayor

Southend United – Tottenham Hotspur

What a start of the game 3 minutes played and spurs combine themselves in the box.. Bale shoots the goalkeepers saves, goalkeeper looses the ball and Bale scores the rebound.
0-1 Gareth Bale 3rd​ minute.

Halftime

Halftime substitutions:
Friedel out, Gomes in
Walker out, Kaboul in
Nelsen out, Dawson in
Vertonghen out, Yeboah in (from the -18)
Assou-Ekotto out, Day in (from the -18)
Parker out, Huddlestone in
Modric out, Livermore in (from the reserves)
Lennon out, Dos Santos in
van der Vaart out, Maier in
Bale out, Townsend in
Adebayor out, Saha in

Second Half:

Dos Santos with 2 man in front of him he comes inside and shoots from 20 yard and the ball goes harsh in to the far corner a beautiful goal.
0-2 Giovani Dos Santos 90th​ minute
View attachment 241298[/FONT]

I love reading your story, it is quite unique. You've inspired me to do the same thing, though with only 5 managers (Ajax, Napoli, Valencia, Bayern München, Manchester United).

THOUGH there are some minor things you could improve, such as the layout:

- Center your story
- Use Bold, Italic or Underline to make it look more professional.
- Spellingscheck, if you are not sure how you should write a word just google it. Also, don't rush your text. "PetrCech" doesn't look quite as nice as "Petr Cech".
- Again, also for your squad, center them. Even though you should center the whole text, if you decide not to at least center the squad.
- Don't do full match reviews, that's just way too much for 6 teams.
- Here's a suggestion, make it look like this:

Pre-season first matches
<pic of the end result>
<squad, if you choose to>
<name of the team - score - name of the team>
<goalscorers, if any>
<write down what you thought was special in that match, such as with Spurs that you were 2-0 leading and just screwed it up in the last 10 minutes>
<substitutes>

[do that for all the teams]

Pre-season second matches
Restart with what I just told you.

- It would probably be the best if you tried to do one post per month. That way you won't go over 5 posts within one week. (Transfers need to have a post for themselves, don't post it in the match reviews).
- And as I told you: don't rush your posts, keep calm and take your time. If you can tell a nice story and have a great lay-out the viewers will come.

I hope this helped you.

Arsenal first Pre Season match

Arsenal only misses Mertesacker due to injury.

The line up:
Szczesny
Sagna, Musacchio, Koscielny and Santos
Song and Arteta
Walcott, Götze and Benayoun
van Persie

Colorado – Arsenal

First Half
35th​ minute, Walcott got injured, his replacement is Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Halftime

Halftime Substitutions
Szczesny out, Almunia in
Sagna out, Jenkinson in
Musacchio out, Djourou in
Koscielny out, Miquel in (from the reserves)
Santous out, Gibbs in
Song out, Coquelin in
Arteta out, Ramsey in
Götze out, Rosicky in
Benayoun out, Gervinho in
van Persie out, Chamakh in

Second Half
Arsenal is pulling the pressure it is waiting for the 0-1, but now Arsenal loses the ball. Its Miquel that slids away and now a open chance for Amarikwa and he puts it away.
1-0 Quincy Amarikwa 76th​ minute
View attachment 241309

I love reading your story, it is quite unique. You've inspired me to do the same thing, though with only 5 managers (Ajax, Napoli, Valencia, Bayern München, Manchester United).

THOUGH there are some minor things you could improve, such as the layout:

- Center your story
- Use Bold, Italic or Underline to make it look more professional.
- Spellingscheck, if you are not sure how you should write a word just google it. Also, don't rush your text. "PetrCech" doesn't look quite as nice as "Petr Cech".
- Again, also for your squad, center them. Even though you should center the whole text, if you decide not to at least center the squad.
- Don't do full match reviews, that's just way too much for 6 teams.
- Here's a suggestion, make it look like this:

Pre-season first matches
<pic of the end result>
<squad, if you choose to>
<name of the team - score - name of the team>
<goalscorers, if any>
<write down what you thought was special in that match, such as with Spurs that you were 2-0 leading and just screwed it up in the last 10 minutes>
<substitutes>

[do that for all the teams]

Pre-season second matches
Restart with what I just told you.

- It would probably be the best if you tried to do one post per month. That way you won't go over 5 posts within one week. (Transfers need to have a post for themselves, don't post it in the match reviews).
- And as I told you: don't rush your posts, keep calm and take your time. If you can tell a nice story and have a great lay-out the viewers will come.

I hope this helped you.

Nice that your inspired and it is awesome to try to be champions in different competitions. I will cut pre season shorter and do different tweaks in my storytelling. For me its still relatively new how to do this and I see if it gets easier with some of those tips. You are right that it is way to much work to do full match reports I'll leave that to key matches. That way it is also easier to see what went right and what went wrong.

Back