Chelsea bring in Russian Zhirkov

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea sign Russian international Yuri Zhirkov from CKSA Moscow.

More...

cool a good FM signing lol, no idea what he his like in real life

cool a good FM signing lol, no idea what he his like in real life

lol,

Quite a decent signing...seen him play a couple of times in uefa cup last season where he scored against aston villa i think? but he seems way too ball greedy and hugs the ball much longer than he should do.

I dont really see why they need him because Malouda was brilliant at the end of the season.

I dont really see why they need him because Malouda was brilliant at the end of the season.

yer i fort that but he can also play left back aswell so can also be good cover if ashley cole is unavailible. hes a very tricky player beats players easily. nicknamed the russian ronaldinho, and feel its a great signing for chelsea. ancelotti had only been at chelsea for 6 days and we have signed 3 players already, moving very quickly

great capture, he's about twice the player of malouda! zhirkov doesn't score many, he is a creative player with a lot of skill, watch out for him.

Obv a recomendation from big Gus. Wait and see what happens with this lad

great signing, he will offer chelsea much more than what malouda and joe cole give. he creates alot

Anyone know what number he is going to wear?
Ordering a shirt soon and fancy his name and number (H)

Wow somebody at Chelsea has been playing FM too much :P

I wonder how good he is in real life..

Wow somebody at Chelsea has been playing FM too much :P

I wonder how good he is in real life..

hes a great player in real life and he was recomended by guud hiddink remember him so nothink to do with fm. you just watch hes electric

Well he is the most expensive Russian player everr ;) ..So we'll see!

He was nomniated for Ballon D'Or and was in Euro 2008 Team of the Championship and was voted Russian Premier League Player of the Year in 2008, so he obviously isnt a bad player :D

Just watched some videos of him on youtube.. My god he is fast!

yer definatly joe cole, malouda and kalou dont realy have any pace. plus he can play at left back so good cover for ashley.

Hopefully pressurise Ashley into keeping up the good performances.
Hope Joe stays though, i think he is a super player.

Hopefully pressurise Ashley into keeping up the good performances.
Hope Joe stays though, i think he is a super player.

joey cole culd be our best signing this season mate the mans differnt class for club and country

joey cole culd be our best signing this season mate the mans differnt class for club and country

I think as long as Drogba stays fit and keeps playing like he has been, we have a very good chance of winning PL, not sure about CL but we have a good squad. Need players like Ballack and Deco to move on though and get in some young players instead.

I guess we won't be signing him on FM2010......Good signing for Chelski, here in Spain, the Russian League is on every week, usually CSKA or Zenit. Zhirkov is a different class to almost all players in that league, he has a Brazilian style, which is very pleasing to watch. Whether he will fit in is a different story, as the Russian League is very slow, more a methodical game, passes look to have been thought about, there isn't a great deal of long shots, its very direct. He is actually a similar style of player to Arshavin in the way he thinks and plays, albeit not a striker. His final pass is deadly, and he is electric across the pitch. Sound acquistion, should he fit in.

Back