Tubpac

Reaction score
Hey guys, just started a new career with chelsea, through i seem to struggle in defense

Im playing a Formation with 4 Defender - 2 Defensive midfielders - 3 offensive and 1 Striker

My defensense line is very deep, since i figure that might be good as i have people like JT who likes deep defense.
Im not playing offside defense
Ill just list what roles my players has

Ashley Cole - Left full back - Support role
JT - Limited Defender - Destroyer role
David Luiz - Ball playing defender - Support role
Azpillicueta - Full back - Support role

I also have John Obi Mikel as a Destroyer in the midfield ?

Why the **** do i concede so many goals?

They usually scores 2-3 goals

the fact that this tactic would be nice if one of the structure of

need a bit more info about the tactic like roaming, fluidity and pressing that kind of thing. and what do you mean destroyer role?
and maybe the fact you are playing so deep might have something to do with it too, how do you concede the goals what are the main problems?

Just trying to help but keep in mind I am a not an expert tactician.

Full Back left and right: pressing 1 tick into "whole field" - tackling normal

Center back left and right: pressing maximum "own half" - tackling normal

Defensive midfielder left and right: pressing 1 tick into "whole field" or 3 ticks below maximum - tackling normal

Midfielders / attacking midfielders: pressing maximum "own half" or 3 ticks below maximum - tackling normal

Striker: pressing 9 ticks from minimum - tackling normal.

I would also push my defensive line up, say 5-6 ticks below maximum.

This will make your defensive players battle for the ball in the midfield area if I am not mistaken.

From what I understand you have 2 "packs" with a gap inbetween, 1 defensive (gap) 1 attacking, by pushing your defensive line up you decrease that gap giving your oppenent less time on the ball.

Also, instruct your goaly to "defender collect", hold up ball and give him 1 tick below attacking mentality...this should save you a lot of loss of ball as your goaly will give the ball to a defender when possible so you can start building your attack from the back...when your goaly can NOT play the ball safely to a defender he will use a long ball towards your attacking mid/striker.

I hope I am right here (A) and that this helps you to create a solid defence :D