• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 752
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea defender Alex is expected to be sidelined for around a month because of a thigh injury suffered in training.

More...

Jezus.

The injuries are lining up now, Alex has become an important figure for us over the last year. Massive blow for us.

L-O-L! Carvalho can sit in, but he's clumsy! An excuse for a new signing?..

Not that bad an injury. He will be back by the 2nd, 3rd game of the season.

does he ever play for chelsea apart from champions league?

Forgot you even had him tbh.

Pretty sure he played a fair few games last season. Good player. Went to the Birmingham game up at brum, he hit the bar from like 40 yards with a free kick.

does he ever play for chelsea apart from champions league?

he was first team pretty much every week last season because carvalho was injured. i like alex alot and even though we already have 2 big injurys i wont dwell on it too much and i definatly wont use it as an excuse if things dont start well(unlike others). the only postive thing out of this is that jose bosingwa is back so that means ivanovic can go back to playing his natural position at centre back.

Alex took over in the central partnership alongside Terry when Carvalho was out. Since then, he has made a good case for him to become one of Chelsea's two first-choice CB's ahead of the man he replaced with a string of good performances.

Sounds like I just read that off a Chelsea website, but nah he's just been good.

Beasty free-kick taker.

Not as bad as the Cech injury though, but still a loss.

he was first team pretty much every week last season because carvalho was injured. i like alex alot and even though we already have 2 big injurys i wont dwell on it too much and i definatly wont use it as an excuse if things dont start well(unlike others). t

Like a broken record mate. We get it - Injuries, no excuse, bla bla.

Anyway, this isn't a bad enough injury to have a great effect on Chelsea's season, they have enough depth to cover this.

alex and cech are gonna miss 3 maybe 4 games tops, not enough to damage your bid, and like redrup says youve got enough cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back