Chelsea - where to improve after 1st season

• Thread starter Thread starter stevesteve
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

stevesteve

Reaction score
Hi, I don't have a major problem here but I thought I would seek out some advice all the same as I have lots of thoughts on how I could improve my current squad.

The 1st season is close to coming to an end. 6 points behind man utd, out of both domestic cups but just beaten Lyon 5-0 agg. To progress to champions league semi finals.

I am playing a 41221. I sold off a few at the start of the season to gain funds to reform Chelsea. Kalou, drogba and a few others who were below par out with cavani in to play my right wing, shawcross to play back up and grow into future leading centre back role (no idea if Cahill is worth keeping?) and Lenny nengis.

My weak areas are defensive midfield, and right back. I was hoping to bring in an English player but struggling. I have just signed romario for future right back role and bosingwa hasn't struggled much but is a clear option for an area to improve.

Torres has a great average rating and has scored a decent amount but he hasn't blown me away. I can't help but want to sell him and bring someone in which brings up a few potential ideas.

1. Sell Torres and bring in a right winger and play cavani as lone striker.

2. Same as above but bring in a striker which I'm considering to be conner wicham(?) but unsure if he and lukaku are ready for full seasons.

So that's pretty much my thoughts. I am now thinking of selling mikel/romou and bringing in as a good first team ready def mid as possible. I have easier I want to sell as well.

I would like a good English if possible central mid player to bring in when lampard is past it.

So has anyone got any thoughts please? Any developments on my ideas or brand new suggestions.

I'm not finished season yet so no budget at the moment. I'm hoping for a decent chunk of cash plus Essien and mikel/romou cash.

Thanks very much for having a read

Try getting Javi Martinez from Athletic Bilbao. He can play CM, DM, or CB

For the midfield I suggest buying Jack Wilshere.. Upfront you can try making a bid for Aguero, Van Persie, and Mario Gomez..

Well in my opinion you actually don't need to buy and sell much. Try changing your formation.

I was considering wilshere. Both him and rodwell. It is the defensive midfield area I want to improve upon for right now but both if these guys are really appealing for lampard replacements. Remieres is dynamite as the other central mid player do I don't need instant replacement. Plus I'm pretty fond of my formation and I wouldn't want to adapt it to allow wilshere to play the amc role.

Rodwell a decent shout for going straight into first team on def mid?

I'm going to look at M'villa and javi as well.

I have never had any of the strikers mentioned actually. I'm aware striking changes aren't necessary but I can't help but want to look into other possibilities. I'm unsure if cavani is wasted on the wing and would blow teams away as lone striker meaning I could just add a winger instead.

Sorry, I suppose to simplify.

English where possible....

Good current first team right back.

Good current first team def mid.

Good striker/right winger to replace Torres/cavani depending on situation. I create

Cheers

You could sign a right winger, and put Cavani up-front, and use him to his full potential. Good right wingers such as Willian, Gaitan or Dougles Costa are all good options, but won't break the bank. Alex Chamberlain can sometimes be transfer listed at the end of the season so look into him.

For right back, you could try Kyle Walker, but the he'll probably not sign due to him playing for Tottenham. Sime Vrsaljko is a good option, but has most likely already of moved. Cesar Azpilicueta is a good option, and can be picked up for cheap.

For def mid, Mikel is one of the best out there, but if you want to replace him, Jack Rodwell can play there, but he seems more suited as an actual midfielder. Lars Bender, Javier Martinez, Marouane Fellaini, Yann M'Vila (pricey), Sven Bender and Sandro are all class options.

I know you wanted English players, but most of them are either not good, expensive or just not available.

RB Vrsaljko, but if he already moved to somewhere else, that won't work. Isla is a good one too, but I think he's a bit expensive? (never had him...). As others already said, J. Martinez, Fellaini, M'Vila are class DM. If you really want an English player, take Rodwell, he'd be the best choice imo. If you sell Torres, get Cavani to play as a striker. Buy a good winger (Like mentioned, Willian, Gaitan and Douglas Costa are very good)

Back