Chelsea Youth System

• Thread starter Thread starter bcfc1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

bcfc1

Reaction score
After looking at Chelsea's current youth policy in real life with bringing in plenty of youth and then loaning them out, I was wondering whether anyone had implemented a similar idea on FM and if so did you have any success with it?

After looking at Chelsea's current youth policy in real life with bringing in plenty of youth and then loaning them out, I was wondering whether anyone had implemented a similar idea on FM and if so did you have any success with it?

Nope and personally i don't think it's really what you should do. A very very small percentage of them Chelsea players will ever make the first team.

I prefer signing them, And making my U21 and U18 squads strong, I rarely loan anybody out unless they are "to" good for the youth teams

Beeney, Christensen, Zouma, Loftus Cheek, Baker, Boga, Brown and Solanke are all on course to break into my squad. Especially Loftus Cheek. He is an absolute beast. Had to cancel a deal for Koke as I feel he can become the next Pogba and that is no exaggeration.

Then I just rely on regens and some good free transfers to fill out my youth teams.

I do it with United... but none have ever been good enough. Except Martin Odegaard who is considered the 2nd best midfielders in the world right now... after Paul Pogba.

Most fail... for example I buy a DC for £5m... a few years later they go for £25m.. it's profitable in ways... and you are injecting a lot of talent into Europe. Not worth doing it for money unless you are a small team.

Nope and personally i don't think it's really what you should do. A very very small percentage of them Chelsea players will ever make the first team.

The objective of this idea is not to only produce players for the first team. Chelsea also make a great profit on these youngsters which allows them to compete in the transfer market with teams like Man Utd and Real Madrid who make more money commercially than Chelsea. You look at someone like Lukaku who they signed for £10-15 million and then sold for £28 million with him barely playing a game for them. With that profit and profits on players such as Luiz, De Bruyne and Ba they were able to sign Costa and Fabregas. They wouldn't have passed the FFP rules if they didn't sell those players. They have recently sold Schurrle for a profit to fund a move for Cuadrado and I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer they sold players like Van Ginkel, Atsu and Marin to fund a move for another big name player.

I have started a file with Chelsea and I am going to try and continue this transfer policy. I have bought youngsters for varying values from Youri Tielemans for £10 million to Foday Nabay for £400k but I have only signed youngsters that I believe will have a higher resale value than the fee I paid for them. I therefore refused to sign players like Werner and Hojbjerg who can struggle to sell for a high fee if they don't progress well.

Beeney, Christensen, Zouma, Loftus Cheek, Baker, Boga, Brown and Solanke are all on course to break into my squad. Especially Loftus Cheek. He is an absolute beast. Had to cancel a deal for Koke as I feel he can become the next Pogba and that is no exaggeration.

Then I just rely on regens and some good free transfers to fill out my youth teams.

Zouma is already involved with my first team while most of the others you have mentioned are still in my u18's. I have seen Loftus-Cheek and Brown both progress well on other files so I am expecting high things from them. I am not sure if the others will reach a high enough standard to break into the first team. With some well placed loans however they could be sold for a good profit which is the idea behind this file. I am hoping that in a couple of years I will be able to fund big money moves by selling these youngsters or in the worst case scenario I only make my money back on the youngsters and then invest that money into a new youngster who could potentially make a profit in the future.

After the first season players such as Thorgan Hazard, Salah, Piazon and Atsu could all be sold for a high profit which could then be spent on a winger who could come straight into the first team as none of them are likely to be good enough to play on the wing for Chelsea.

The objective of this idea is not to only produce players for the first team. Chelsea also make a great profit on these youngsters which allows them to compete in the transfer market with teams like Man Utd and Real Madrid who make more money commercially than Chelsea. You look at someone like Lukaku who they signed for £10-15 million and then sold for £28 million with him barely playing a game for them. With that profit and profits on players such as Luiz, De Bruyne and Ba they were able to sign Costa and Fabregas. They wouldn't have passed the FFP rules if they didn't sell those players. They have recently sold Schurrle for a profit to fund a move for Cuadrado and I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer they sold players like Van Ginkel, Atsu and Marin to fund a move for another big name player.

I have started a file with Chelsea and I am going to try and continue this transfer policy. I have bought youngsters for varying values from Youri Tielemans for £10 million to Foday Nabay for £400k but I have only signed youngsters that I believe will have a higher resale value than the fee I paid for them. I therefore refused to sign players like Werner and Hojbjerg who can struggle to sell for a high fee if they don't progress well.

I think you'll find that it's the Russian money that has allowed them to buy these players in the first place, not profits.

I think you'll find that it's the Russian money that has allowed them to buy these players in the first place, not profits.

I think you'll find they were in champions league semi finals before Abramovich's spending... earning plenty in revenue. His spending spree simply took them to the top quicker. It was always inevitable as they were progressing strongly before 2004... It was thanks to Chelsea's following success, both domestically and in Europe, that they were then in a position to invest in youth. Simply accrediting Chelsea's youth policy and success solely down to 'Russian money' is naive.

The early investment from Abramovich definitely helped the club rise from a 4th-7th team to a 1st-3rd team but over the last couple of years with the FFP rules coming into action they have had to find another way to financially compete with the bigger teams. Chelsea have decided to use this youth policy to raise funds. They could have sold the name rights of the stadium like Man City or Arsenal have done.

There is no doubt that the investment from Abramovich when he first came in was vital to Chelseas quick rise but over the last couple of years I am pretty sure Chelsea have actually made a profit in the transfer window and thats almost entirely down to the youth policy that they have been using. It started under Hiddink or Ancelotti but Mourinho has been able to take full advantage of the programme and he now has around 25 players out on loan who can be sold at almost anytime if the club is in need of some money.

Where is my alex kimyowa love? hes going to be a perfect partner to be a supporting winger opposite hazzard.

doing a Chelsea style youth system in FM is a great path to success although it requires a club with the with the financial resources of a Chelsea or PSG to make work.

From the starting academy, RLC and Baker are probably your only shoe-ins with enough PA to make your first team, and that will take a while.

Ake, Bamford, Omeruo, will be good enough to be backups and injury cover, but they shouldn't ever be good enough to crack your first team. Which actually saddens me, I think Bamford should have a higher PA especially.

Up your junior coaching and you'll get some good gens though. Free up some wages and budget by selling off a lot of those fringe "not quite" players - but I do recommend keeping a few of the names mentioned above, or names mentioned by others, if only for your struggle to keep enough HG players in the squad.

After season 1 get ready to unload a lot of the former loan players for similar reasons. Piazon, Traore, T. Hazard, may become decent squad players if you need those positions, but as above, mostly won't be Chelsea first team quality.

Piazon is another player I am disappointed with on his PA. But maybe I just got a **** scout job? I dunno.

From the starting academy, RLC and Baker are probably your only shoe-ins with enough PA to make your first team, and that will take a while.

Ake, Bamford, Omeruo, will be good enough to be backups and injury cover, but they shouldn't ever be good enough to crack your first team. Which actually saddens me, I think Bamford should have a higher PA especially.

Up your junior coaching and you'll get some good gens though. Free up some wages and budget by selling off a lot of those fringe "not quite" players - but I do recommend keeping a few of the names mentioned above, or names mentioned by others, if only for your struggle to keep enough HG players in the squad.

After season 1 get ready to unload a lot of the former loan players for similar reasons. Piazon, Traore, T. Hazard, may become decent squad players if you need those positions, but as above, mostly won't be Chelsea first team quality.

Piazon is another player I am disappointed with on his PA. But maybe I just got a **** scout job? I dunno.

Agree with Bamford. Ake is also underrated in this game considering he is probably our most promising youngster IRL.

You forgot Jeremie Boga who is a beast. And Kasey Palmer and Jay Dasilva are coming along nicely for me. Beeney also. And you're right about RLC. Absolute tank. Gonna be a starter for me in 3rd season.

Haven't done it in fm 2015 or with Chelsea (Just got the game and don't particularly like playing with a big team at the start). I have done it with Napoli/ Southampton in Fm12 (last game i played). I would buy youngsters who potentially had the ability to play for my top team and when they get to 20-21 (it was a year younger with Napoli because of the youth system is a u-20 i think). I would evaluate if they would get back up time for my first team, if not i would have a complex loaning system of varying levels from league 2 in England to BBVA/Premier league lower teams. Either they would play for me or i would sell them within the year after re-evaluating them

Back