Floodycfc

Reaction score
View attachment 204491
The Loan Army Has Rebelled

Chelsea have a staggering 34 players out on loan this season. Players on loan range from promising youngsters such as Lewis Baker and Dominic Solanke to first team failures such as Juan Cuadrado and Marko Marin.

Using the new 'Create a club' mode I will create a Premier League side consisting of all the players currently on loan. The aim of the save will firstly be to finish above Chelsea and possibly become a bigger club than them over time.​

Rules

• [*=left]All players and staff from the team I replace will be removed
    [*=left]The only players I can use are my squad of ex loanees, youth intake and signings.
    [*=left]The only players I can sign/ loan are current or ex Chelsea players

This will actually be my first FM 2016 save and my first time posting about a save so any feedback would be appreciated.

Getting this game started now and the first updates will be soon. Looking forward to getting started​

Last edited:
A New Club Is Born

View attachment 204481

Replacing Norwich (sorry any Norwich fans) in the Premier League is a newly formed club consisting of 30 previous Chelsea loanees.

The players missing are Islam Feruz, Jhao Rodriguez and John Swift purely as I had a cap of 30. Moh Salah has a future transfer with Roma agreed so he was also left out.

Meet The Manager

View attachment 204486
Jesper Gronkjaer, the scorer of the goal which secured Roman Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea in 2003, will take charge of The Loan Army. It is the Dane's first venture into football management and there is no better way to start than at the newly formed club.

Last edited:
Interesting premise, Chelsea are the target of everyone on the forum it seems

This looks incredible mate cant wait to see how you get on.

The immediate squad report is a bit mixed, I am very pleased with the depth in midfield and attack but have my concerns about the defence. Obviously having only one goalkeeper, who is only Championship calibre is my immediate worry. I am also a bit concerned about the fullback areas, RB is not particularly strong and there is no real backup for Ake at LB.

Key Players This Season

Juan Cuadrado- Obviously the biggest and most established name in the squad, he should be our star man for the season and I am hoping he can carry while others develop. The Colombian is also worth a nice £27 million so if anyone comes knocking I can demand a good price.
View attachment 204245
Nathan Ake- Nathan is the appointed club captain and hopefully one to stick around for the long run. Capable of playing in three positions comfortably but I will mainly be using him at left back this season at least. At only 20 there is lots of room to develop.

View attachment 204240
Marco Van Ginkel- Another Dutchman with huge talent, he will be our key man in the middle of the park. Solid all round stats for a PL player with plenty of room for further development.
View attachment 204238

Pre-season

View attachment 204237
A decent pre-season with lots of rotation between the large amount of players available. Mainly rotating between a 4-2-3-1 system and a 4-3-3, still unsure on what is best. Only loss was to an Eidur Gudjohnsen inspired Yongchang side in the last game, hopefully morale is not badly damaged.

Expectations

My side is predicted to finish 19th as it stands so my target this season is just to avoid relegation. Only a few of my players are current premier league quality so I see this season as a chance to develop a tactic for the future and the players around that.

Great idea for a story! Can't wait to see how the side does in the league

Here is my ideal starting XI at this point and the formation I will be using most games. Not really set on whether to use 'control', 'standard' or 'counter' at this point

Game 1- Loan Army vs Aston Villa

View attachment 204215
Great to get off to a win, we dominated the game and the score should have been higher. Substitute Dominic Solanke came on to score the first goal in the clubs history.

Game 2- Crystal Palace vs Loan Army

View attachment 204214
I expected to lose but not by that margin, we were so much worse than in the previous game. All three Palace goals came from set pieces so that is something to work on.

Game 3- Loan Army vs Watford

View attachment 204213

Another late 1-0 win at home in a match we dominated. Happy with a win but feel I should be winning by more against 10 men.

Game 4- Capital One Cup. Loan Army vs Hull

View attachment 204198
Played a heavily rotated team and ultimately paid the price. My defence could not handle the pace of Hernandez and Akpom upfront.

Game 5- Leicester vs Loan Army

View attachment 204195Harsh on the team, a very even game that we were just edged out of. Cuadrado missed a sitter in the dying minutes that would have got us a draw.

Transfer Window

The create a club option did not leave me with much of a budget, I only had around £2 million to spend. The areas I previously highlighted for strengthening were goalkeeper and fullbacks.

View attachment 204191
The only players signed are goalkeepers Mark Schwarzer, Jamal Blackman and fullback van Aanholt. Goalkeeper position is still an issue with Schwarzer being 42 and only marginally better than Delac. I am going to have to make signing Begovic a priority in January or the summer.

PVA

View attachment 204190Patrick offers good competition with Ake for the LB spot. Not amazing defensively but good going forward

September

After 7 matches in the league the team is currently sitting in a healthy 11th place

Game 1- Loan Army vs Stoke

View attachment 204102
After not scoring in our opening fixtures this was the game where Patrick Bamford finally came good, he grabbed two goals from tidy finishes. Juan Cuadrado also had a great game and was a constant threat down the right flank.

Match 2- Bournemouth vs Loan Army
View attachment 204101A tough loss to take, it was very close until Distin nodded home from a header. My goalkeeper actually had a fairly good game, he made a wondersave from an Arnautovic volley to keep it at only 1-0

Match 3- Loan Army vs Man City

View attachment 204099Expectations were low heading into this game as we were beaten comfortably by Man City, a draw was the best we could hope for. Overall we defended pretty well, goals came from a soft penalty and a counter attack late in the game.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 204098

Juan was highlighted as my key player entering the season and he has started well for me. He is my biggest threat to opposition with the pace and crosses he delivers from the right wing. Only criticism really his his finishing, he has missed a few clear cut chances at crucial times.

Last edited:
Any feedback on the layout so far would be appreciated as I am new to all this.

Do you prefer the result of the match being shown in the style I did in August with the match stats or September's style with player ratings (or both)?

Made the mistake of not taking a picture of the league table but that will be rectified for future updates