• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 722

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
_48927888_ferr226.jpg
Ferreira has been a key part of Chelsea's success in recent years

Chelsea's Portuguese full-back Paulo Ferreira has announced his retirement from international football.
The 31-year-old told the Portuguese Football Federation it was a move he had taken "after deep reflection" and was motivated by "personal reasons".
Right-back Ferreira won the first of his 62 caps for his country against England in September 2002.
His decision to quit international duty follows that of Atletico Madrid winger Simao last week.
Ferreira arrived at Stamford Bridge in 2004 when he was reunited with his former coach at Porto, Jose Mourinho, who paid a then-British record fee for a full-back of £13.2m.

The following season Ferreira was a key part of Chelsea's first title-winning campaign in 50 years, despite missing a vital part of the season after breaking his foot in March 2005.

Not much of a big loss to Portugal IMO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8957097.stm

not the player he was so it was going to happer sooner rather than later - i'm surprised he's still at chelsea

yer i heard this yesterday. and trivaldo paulo is a excellent squad player and just loves being part of the set-up at Chelsea. I think he is still a decent player and never seems to let us down.

yer i heard this yesterday. and trivaldo paulo is a excellent squad player and just loves being part of the set-up at Chelsea. I think he is still a decent player and never seems to let us down.

Agreed ;) But, to be honest I have never believed that he would stay in the Chelsea squad so long ..

Agreed ;) But, to be honest I have never believed that he would stay in the Chelsea squad so long ..

same here, i had my douts a few times about paulo but i watch ChelseaTV everyday and he seems very happy to be part of the squad. I think Carlo likes him alot aswell i can see him becoming a coach once his playing days are over.

same here, i had my douts a few times about paulo but i watch ChelseaTV everyday and he seems very happy to be part of the squad. I think Carlo likes him alot aswell i can see him becoming a coach once his playing days are over.

Beyond doubt! Its strange, lots of players moan if they dont get picked , but Paulo, even though he's not first team footballer all the time is happy just for being there ..

I like him,humble lad who is one of those players who are in soccer cos they love it not because of the money

Beyond doubt! Its strange, lots of players moan if they dont get picked , but Paulo, even though he's not first team footballer all the time is happy just for being there ..

i made a thread the other day unsung heros at your club i.e players that don't moan if they only play a handful of games etc and my pick for Chelsea was Paulo.

Back